Sign in to follow this  
UltraPrime

7713 White Lightning vs. Bridge Walker review

Picked this set up in Woolies yesterday, and as not many people have picked it up yet, thought I would share my thoughts.

First of all, White Lightning:

7713-01.jpg

White Lightning is a mid-sized mech, piloted by Ha-ya-to. Unlike his other machines, this is a ground-based unit, but shares his standard white colour scheme. The two huge arm guns, plus the gun on top, give him a hefty arsenal. Though it does have a disc launcher - not a personal favourite.

7713-02.jpg

It doesn't share the same construction method with it's bigger brothers, and does not come with a light brick. Building it was fairly straight forward, and it looks pretty good, though is not one of the better EF mechs, in my opinion. The shoulder-plates are not held on very secure, and tend to move about a bit.

7713-03.jpg

The 'vents' on the legs are very anime, and are a nice additional touch.

Next, we have the best part of the set - the Bridge Walker:

7713-04.jpg

This is an incredible machine! The reverse-jointed legs are a welcome change from what we are used to. There was so much detail on the legs - half the build time was just putting these two parts together. I also love the black scheme, with lots of clear green elements over it.

7713-05.jpg

The right-arm shows off alot of weaponry. So much it has it's own gunner! I love the tubing going from the arm to the body - just looks so cool!

An interesting point I should mention. ReZourceman mentioned in his review that the firing missile was all plastic. Mine is most definately rubber.

7713-06.jpg

Tha left arm has another huge gun, again with it's own gunner. It looks nice, with the green clear elements in it.

7713-07.jpg

The 'head' looks just like that - a head! There are some interesting parts in this constriction - I'm not a Bionicle collector, but I'm pretty sure they originated there. Lots of green too, which really stands out next to the black. The two light bricks here make the machine's 'eyes' light up - very menacing. Also, unlike the standard-sized mechs, the light brick is attached to the unit, rather than hanging loose. My only complaint here, and it is such a little one, is that as the arms have their own gunners, Mecha-1 himself has no weapons on his module. But that in no-way spoils this wonderful set!

When it is all put together, the first thing you are sure to notice is how huge it is. Looking at pictures never really gives you the correct sense of scale.

7713-08.jpg

And finally, both together:

7713-09.jpg

Overall:

White Lightning - 7/10

Bridge Walker - 9/10 (felt like saying 10/10, but I'm hoping we haven't seen the best yet...)

Building - 8/10 (the lack of articulation and shoulder plates on White Lightning let it down a small bit)

Parts - 10/10 (black and green parts are great! And the detail on Bridge Walker's legs are nice)

Thanks for reading X-D

thanks for the review. can you post some pictures of the side profile of BW? and the back view for both? how much of movement can you get from BW's legs? can they move at all? it doesnt seem like BW is large at all when compared to WL. from the comic, i was thinking it should be 2x as tall as WL. :-P can you post some pictures comparing the hero tank or striking venom to it? thanks.

Nice review. This set is definately going into my Exo-Force collection *wub*

Man that Bridge Walker is cool - it'll go perfectly aside the Striking Venom.

"Bring it on! Pesky humans" X-D

KimT

I'll take some more pics this afternoon. Don't have Striking Venom, but will take a few of what I do have.

how much of movement can you get from BW's legs? can they move at all?

It's funny, as that is an important thing, but never occurred to me. No, I'm afraid the legs are static.

I'll take some more pics this afternoon. Don't have Striking Venom, but will take a few of what I do have.

how much of movement can you get from BW's legs? can they move at all?

It's funny, as that is an important thing, but never occurred to me. No, I'm afraid the legs are static.

Well the legs move at the very top, at a horizontal angle.

And...hmmm thats weird about the missile.

Mine is exactly the same as this one, but green at the end and black I belive.

AR_7774.jpg

Great review and pics though.

Bridge Walker is one of the best Exo-force, but it comes with the *n* white lightning.

The body of white lightningis is great, but the leg and the arm is just the clone of the others :-(

Without wings, how can it be a flight machine?

wtf...isnt it ironic that its namesake is bridge WALKER?

*wacko* *wacko* *wacko* *wacko* *wacko* i cant understand lego.... sometimes. :-P

The legs have no movement at all. Each of the 'joints' are held together by two or three technic pins, keeping it in a solid pose. Next time I pop upstairs, I'll take close-ups of the legs.

On to the additional pics. First White Lightning:

7713-10.jpg

7713-11.jpg

7713-12.jpg

7713-13.jpg

Bridge Walker:

7713-14.jpg

7713-15.jpg

7713-16.jpg

7713-17.jpg

Size comparison:

7713-18.jpg

7713-19.jpg

7713-20.jpg

if i get this set, i would remove the disc launcher and put in wings for the WL but the BW is a definate *y*

i wasnt directing that statement at you, ultraprime. it's more my bedazzlement of the logic to make BW's legs static. lol.

2 questions. from the pics it seems WL's waist can rotate just like mecha one mech in 7709. is that correct? is BW top heavy? does it stand well seeing how the legs are positioned to the back while the head and arms are positioned to the front creating a rotational force that's likely to topple the model?

thanks for the new pics. got a sense of the size. it's huge! although WL is made up of fewer brick counts can you say if it is of almost the equivalent size of a thunder fury? or better yet, take more pics...of the whole family of sets that you have all lined up in a mug shot! lol. thanks *y*

p.s. and the two devastators do not have a middle color right? like how thunder fury's dev is red, and FV's is blue, and SP's is green.

Yes, it rotates on waist. No, it's not top heavy - stands very well with those big feet. I'll look at colours of the Devastators - I didn't even notice the others had different colours. I'm colour blind, so little things like that escape me if I'm not looking.

Cool review and even better pics. *y* *y*

I think the White Lightning looks more like a regular sized mech than medium, but it is awesome anyways.

But the Bridge Walker is awesome! 8-

Last lot of pics.

You can see White Lightning is same size as 'standard' mechs.

7713-21.jpg

The leg assembly. Note the single technic rod to hold head. It is very stable.

7713-22.jpg

There is *some* leg movement, but is limited to left and right.

7713-23.jpg

Closeup of leg joint.

7713-24.jpg

Rear of leg assembly.

7713-25.jpg

Head movement.

7713-26.jpg

Arm movement.

7713-27.jpg

In the UK, the set seems to be a Woolworths exclusive.

Rats! >:-( So it won't be available in America for awhile? Oh, well. The longer I wait the happier I'll be when I get the set.

Heh, I thought there was way more grey on it...and my Striking Venom is looking a little lonely...

It can be a back-up Christmas present, then. Or something to get reduced.

Without wings, how can it be a flight machine?

The jets on the legs,and perhaps anti-gravity plates on its feet.

Can I request a picture of the connection between the head and the body?

Can I request a picture of the connection between the head and the body?

I'm not sure,but i believe it is a simple Technic friction pin that connects the head and body.

LL911, please don't reply to month old topics. It can get rather annoying. ;-) Yes, White Lightning can fly as you said.Just because a mech doesn't have wings doesn't mean it can't fly. It needs jets, not wings, wings just make it look better.

LL911, please don't reply to month old topics. It can get rather annoying. ;-) Yes, White Lightning can fly as you said.Just because a mech doesn't have wings doesn't mean it can't fly. It needs jets, not wings, wings just make it look better.

Sorry