Sign in to follow this  
Bricky0

City Layout help?

6296834412_3060b0419e_b.jpg

I need some help laying out my city, this is what I have so far. Any suggestions on how to improve, expand, or what buildings should go where the ?'s are.

Bc=Black corner building

ge=Grand Emporium

As=Antique shop

fb=Fire brigade

gc=green grocer

ps=pet shop

ms=market street

cc=cafe corner

Edited by Bricky0

6296834412_3060b0419e_b.jpg

I need some help laying out my city, this is what I have so far. Any suggestions on how to improve, expand, or what buildings should go where the ?'s are.

Bc=Black corner building

ge=Grand Emporium

As=Antique shop

fb=Fire brigade

gc=green grocer

ps=pet shop

ms=market street

cc=cafe corner

Well a building you can go for is 2011 Money Transport set and it's Bank....you could modify it to being a modular. :wink:

I wish you luck and Brick On 'Bricky0' ! :classic:

Hi. Looks an interesting town with some great buildings. :sweet:

If it was me I would move the building fb ge & gc one plate to the left along with the 3 road plates next to them. I would then put something like a park or a play area in the space created between the roads that go up and down in the middle. (they don't realy make sense as they are)

Hope that makes sense! Look forward to seeing some pictures in due course

Just a personal preference, but I'd say less road plates and just more things for buildings to go on - 'landloacked' buildings can always be reached by paths laid down between the two/three buildings it is behind!

Also try to get a loop of rail or none at all unless you're only running non-motorised trains - even a simple loop enhances the play value and aesthetic appeal of a layout like this.

Finally, since you've run out of new modulars to buy, start building your own - all of a sudden it will raise your little town out of the clone towns and into a league of its own!