Sign in to follow this  
Horatio

WIP British Frigate

Hey, I've done a little work on the frigate. The sides are almost done, and I've made enough lids for all of the gunports. Her rating will be upgraded from 28 guns to 32 guns.

imag0362.jpg

imag0371.jpg

imag0364.jpg

You may recognize the capstan design from the Danish brig :pir-devil:

imag0372.jpg

Also, I took my own shot at a lifeboat, after Wesley built his.

imag0367.jpg

imag0368.jpg

Hey, I've done a little work on the frigate. The sides are almost done, and I've made enough lids for all of the gunports. Her rating will be upgraded from 28 guns to 32 guns.

Also, I took my own shot at a lifeboat, after Wesley built his.

That hull looks really good :thumbup: I like the design of the longboat too, you should post it in this thread to add to the discussion there: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=70017

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

The brickbuild hull looks really nice! My thought would be that the gunports are a bit high; I'd make them more in the middle of the yellow line.

Maybe use tiles instead of 2x2 plates? Or 2x2 Flags? The white masts seem a little unconventional, but they really look good! I'd space the black "iron rings" qith 3 white in between. Is the fighting top SNOT? It has a perfect size.

I have made some progress recently, so here are a couple of teasers until I can get some better pictures.

6hh65h6h6h6h6.jpgrfrfrfrfrfrfrf.jpg

I haven't been able to do too much in the past few months, considering that right now my ship is 500 miles away while I am at school, but here are a few images of her as she sits now.

2.png

3.png

4.png

I still have to figure out a good way to fix the quarter galleries. I almost want to use three windows instead of the two, but that would take a good bit of maneuvering. The roofing could possibly be done with a few slopes, but I want to keep the shape of the current piece that I have there- the 2x6 that curves in two directions- any suggestions on a good replacement? I'm just not seeing a good fix.

5.png

And of course here is a straight on bow shot. I'm generally pleased with the shape, but what do you all think? Is it too angular and blocky? At least she's come this far- the other day I came upon the first pictures that I took a few years back- this is how she used to look:

1.png

Of course that was several designs ago- really a different ship. But still the spiritual predecessor.

Anyway, what do you think? I might invest in some 2x2 round brown bricks for the masts, because I'm not sure if I completely am settled with the white. Plus, Christmas will come around soon enough pirate_blush.gif

Edited by Horatio