Sign in to follow this  
ziljin

Is there some sort of Castle Minifigure Faction Guide?

I started buying old castle minifgures recently from various themes.So far I am using brickset/bricklink to identify some of them same the faction name in its description and some don't. It's hard to identify theminfigiures that don't have faction symbols on their torsos. And also, if possible post what shields go with them would be nice.

And the black knights have similar shields to dragon masters, Ugh. I thought they were dragon master varients at first. Some of this stuff is confusing.

There is that minifig catalog book on amazon. I haven't looked at it, but it might list every accessory and faction the torsos were apart of.

And yeah, the black Knights I believe came before the Dragon Masters, but Lego probably wanted to use the similar design instead of creating a new set up since they were close in production years.

There is that minifig catalog book on amazon. I haven't looked at it, but it might list every accessory and faction the torsos were apart of.

And yeah, the black Knights I believe came before the Dragon Masters, but Lego probably wanted to use the similar design instead of creating a new set up since they were close in production years.

Oh lord, I am looking at the crusader sets in brickset, the scale mail minifgures look similar to the black knight ones. Ugh. I guess they reused the torsos for the crusaders and black knights?

Ugh I see that the scale mail torso appears in multiple castle themes.

Edited by ziljin

Here are two articles that might be helpful for you:

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Castle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Castle

I think the two cover the time lines, relationships, and sets. by factions.

Good Luck! :classic:

The only problem is the early scale mail and breastplate knights are fairly generic and are reused by multiple factions. I guess that means it doesn't matter what factions I use them as. I have a bunch of Black Knight Shields so I guess I will just use them as Black Knights.

EDIT: Although that would explain why they are labeled as "breastplate" or "scale mail" instead of "black knights" or "crusaders" or whatever faction that makes use of them.

Edited by ziljin

It is a mess when it comes to generic torsos. Take the breastplate torso from the mid 80's as an example. It appears in five combinations & three factions.

Black torso, black arms: Black Knights & Falcon Knights.

Blue torso, black arms: Black Knights, Falcon Knights & Lion Knights.

Blue torso, red arms: Black Knights & Lion Knights.

Red torso, black arms: Falcon Knights, Lion Knights & the armor shop clerk

Red torso, blue arms: Black Knights, Lion Knights & a generic knight

On the other hand, it creates an opportunity to use them as you wish. I use black torso with yellow falcon shield, the blue torso with the blue falcon shield & the red torso goes with my crusaders.

Go to http://rittersets.de/ and on the first side on > Die Minifigs < and you will get a complete list of all minifigs with all their factions and sets where their coming from.

This selection is perfectly done and should answer all your questions.

Same for shields on > Die Wappen <

Edited by maydayartist

@ Magnus the Great

Hm seems like Black Knights have no distinguishable torsos, Crusaders, Black Falcons, and Royal(Lion) Knights used those generic breastplates and scailmail. How come for Black Knights they didn't make any faction specific torsos?

@ SirSven7

I have read your articles before and they are great. But they do not have the information I require.

@ maydayartist

yes that is exactly the kind of site I was looking for! Too bad the site does not separate the KKI and KKII but I guess those should be obvious. Royal/Crusaders mostly used the red torsos, and Black Falcons mostly used the blue/black torsos. And Black Knights used all of them. If anything I will just do red for Crusaders and/or Royal Knights, blue for black falcons, and black for fright knights. Or the other way around since Black Falcons have mostly black arms, black legs, and black knights have lots of blue on their shields.

The only thing that site is missing is a horse barding guide! But I should be able to figure those out with bricklink.

Edited by ziljin

Go to http://rittersets.de/ and on the first side on > Die Minifigs < and you will get a complete list of all minifigs with all their factions and sets where their coming from.

This selection is perfectly done and should answer all your questions.

Same for shields on > Die Wappen <

Thank you for listing that site! I think it will come in handy.

@ Magnus the Great

Hm seems like Black Knights have no distinguishable torsos, Crusaders, Black Falcons, and Royal(Lion) Knights used those generic breastplates and scailmail. How come for Black Knights they didn't make any faction specific torsos?

I guess TLC was not willing to take too large risk.

I guess TLC was not willing to take too large risk.

On one hand its lame that they have no distinguishable torsos, on the other hand its more realistic and they are pretty cool looking.