Sign in to follow this  
RejectedShrimp

Nazi officers

Here is the image. I know the figures are blurry but i tried everything in the camera options i tried several backdrops and locations. [My camera Stinks :sick: ]

I hope to create some British troops and maybe some Russian army troops

Edited by LuxorV
Converted big image deeplink to link

Now it might just be me being a accuracy nazi, excuse the pun, but I'd say to go with a different torso. You see, the units who wore the 'black uniform' as people usually say were Nazi Officers, were in fact, Allgemeine-SS Officers, Hitlers bodyguard. They were never sent to the Russian front or Normandy to fight our British troops. Also, the tunic would be wrong anyhow, the Allgemeine SS tunic, the M32 tunic, was open collar, they never wore silly scarfs or ascots, also the belts were usually black with the SS Officers belt buckle, I'd say try decals. But for a first attempt, go for it!

EDIT: Yes, I am a nerd I know. :sadnew:

Edited by Joey Lock

Now it might just be me being a accuracy nazi, excuse the pun, but I'd say to go with a different torso. You see, the units who wore the 'black uniform' as people usually say were Nazi Officers, were in fact, Allgemeine-SS Officers, Hitlers bodyguard. They were never sent to the Russian front or Normandy to fight our British troops. Also, the tunic would be wrong anyhow, the Allgemeine SS tunic, the M32 tunic, was open collar, they never wore silly scarfs or ascots, also the belts were usually black with the SS Officers belt buckle, I'd say try decals. But for a first attempt, go for it!

EDIT: Yes, I am a nerd I know. :sadnew:

The torso for the German soldiers must be grey i am guessing. The one item i desperately need is one of these which i am sure is not available in Lego.

P.S. The hat is for the Russian army.

The one item i desperately need is one of these which i am sure is not available in Lego.

I really hope they make a hat like that in a future Collectible Minifigures series. :wub:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how your 'figs turn out. :wink:

The torso for the German soldiers must be grey i am guessing. The one item i desperately need is one of these which i am sure is not available in Lego.

A Ushanka (Fur Hat), I'm suprised Brickforge or Minifig.cat hasn't taken the chance to create one, it'd be a big seller! Closest I know is Woody64's customs, they can be expensive, not woodys fault, shapeways fault, but still, they'll need some painting but they work!

Photos are know in the first post

Wow, you need to resize those since the maximum picture size which we allow on the forums is 800x600px. Yours are waaaay bigger. If you need help resizing, have a look at the links in my signature. Thanks!

Btw, seems your camera is focusing on the bottle and not the figs. Now the figs are very blurry while the bottle is crystal clear. Try a white backdrop to make the camera focus more easily on the figs.

Indeed, I converted the current deeplink into a simple link since the photo is way to big as it is.

Please re-size your image and/or re-take it so the focus is on the figs. Thank you.