Blacktron

Aliens - Colonial Marines Custom Minifigs

I think I'm too new here to be able to send a PM, but as soon as I'm able to I'll be placing an order for a full squad. These look fantastic, and as Aliens is in my top five favorite movies they're a definite must have!

No problem, Farmer Harv. Right now I got available:

Hicks x 2

Hudson x 2

Apone x 2

Dietrich x 2

Frost x 2

Wierzbowski x 2

Crowe x 2

If you don't want to wait for the PM function you can always write me an email to RomeVox@web.de. :classic:

@blackbearo99: Hi! Of course I can ship to canada. Shipping costs are 7,10 Euro. Thats 9,80 in US$. That's with insurance. Without insurance about the half of that.

Update of the list: Right now I got available:

Hicks x 1

Hudson x 1

Apone x 1

Dietrich x 1

Frost x 1

Wierzbowski x 1

Crowe x 1

Smartgunners:

Vasquez x 2

Drake x 2

Edited by Blacktron

Sorry, they are completely sold out. But I've prepared enough armors and helmets for a next wave of figures. If there is a demand for them, I can use them for generic marines too. How many do you need/want?

Update 05/2014:

Available right now:

1 Hicks $17 each

1 Apone $17

1 Frost $17

1 Dietrich $17

1 Hudson $17

1 Wierzbowski $17

1 Crowe $17

2 Smartgunners Vasquez $20

2 Smartgunners Drake $20 each

Here are the costs for international shipping: 3,49 Euro ($4,85, without insurance) or 7,10 Euro ($9,85, insured)

Update 06/2014:

The interest in colonial marines custom figures is pretty high right now. All figures are sold out at the moment. Also I got no Resin and almost no basic figures left to build new ones. I need a few weeks to order new materials and build new figures. But please everyone feel encouraged to contact me in spite of that if you're interested. My plan is to write a Waiting list and contact you end of June, as soon as I got new figures to offer.

Please keep in mind every custom piece of those figures is handmade and handpainted. I don't want to get in a rush when I'm making new ones, because haste makes waste and I want to keep and even improve the high quality standards I have. So please be patient.

A quick review of Blacktron's Aliens Figs:

I've bought about 10 figs over 3 separate orders and I'm very very happy with them.

Postage was fast and the figures were very well packaged.

They look as great in the hand as they do in the photos - each fig having been skilfully hand crafted and painted.

The body armour and helmets are removable so you can easily swap the armour and change heads for different facial expressions. 

The moulded parts are very robust - I've dropped mine many times and no breakages yet.

One thing to bear in mind: since the helmets are moulded they don't have the same 'clutch power' you get from an official piece of lego head gear. As a result it's easy to accidentally knock the helmets off or rotate them into the wrong position. This can easily be solved by placing a small piece of tissue paper over the head stud so the hats grip better.

So, overall I give these figs 10/10. Well worth the money and highly recommended for all Aliens fans.

Thanks very much for this feedback, Missing Brick. :classic:

Another thing that might be interesting is that the material I use is a kind of Resin that is reacting to the room temperature. The parts are very stiff and robust on "normal temperature days". But when it's very hot - like right now - they become a little more flexible. When they cool down again they might become a little wider then they have been before. The difference is so minimal - you don't even realize that. But it might be the explanation for the clutch power problem of some helmets. This is driving me mad sometimes. I want every helmet to fit tight to the minifigure head and they always do when I ship custom minifigures. But sometimes they don't stay this way. Your solution for such helmets is a very good idea. Not easy for me to explain this in english. I hope it didn't sound to abstruse.

Wow these look amazing! I wish I had the money to order a squad! I love Drake, Vasquez and Frost...very characterful.

Maybe next you could try:

a battle damaged Hicks, with bandages and melted armour?

Lieutenant Gorman ?

Burke ?

And how about a Bishop, with a knife or motion tracker?

And the ultimate : a Ripley, with pulse rifle and flamer 'taped' together ?

Keep it up...if I hit some money in the future I may be ordering a full movie cast!

Update 07/2014:

I've shipped all orders that were on the waiting list. Also I've made two complete sets more to offer here at the forum. Those will be ready for shipping on Friday.

Hicks x 1

Hudson x 1

Apone x 1

Dietrich x 2

Frost x 2

Wierzbowski x 2

Crowe x 2

Smartgunners:

Vasquez x 2

Drake x 2

Smartgunners are $20, Marines $17, international shipping (insured $10)

I've made some new molds for some figures. Vasquez has new headgear now. I'll post some pictures soon. Also it seems I've found a solution for the helmet problem. I'm in the process of making new molds for all USCM helmet types. All these should have a better fit in the future.

Edited by Blacktron

HI! I would love to buy some Aliens minifigs! Do you have a catalog? I found out about it from here ->

Where I also see dropships and powerloaders. Do you have those too?

Hi eoianhen!

I've only made the custom minifigures for those awesome dioramas. Everything else (including powerloader and Dropship) is made by Missing Brick. You find what I have available right now in my latest posting. Pictures of them all (7 Marines + 2 Smartgunners) are in this thread.

Also there is a thread about the Aliens custom minifigures in the customs section: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=57638&st=50

Hi Blacktron,

I've posted in the other thread and emailed you, but thought I would post here and cover all the bases( and it gets me closer to 10 posts). What have you got left in Stock of these excellent figures?

Hi Blacktron,

As if by magic the Marines arrived today. Very well packed, and the quality of the painting and sculpting is excellent. It's the little details that really shine for me though and show the love that has gone into creating these minifigs.

The tiny details of graffiti on Hudson's armour, 'Adios' on Vasquez's smart gun, and Apone's binoculars. All things I would never have noticed if they weren't there, but immediately remembered when I saw them.

The lamp pack bulbs and motion tracker screen are even detailed with luminous paint, an awesome idea.

I can't recommend these figures highly enough and will be treating myself to some more as soon as funds allow.

Thanks again for making these exquisite figs and your great customer service.

Thanks very much for that Feedback, Tris637. I've enjoyed making custom figures for you and enjoyed our email communication very much. I'm happy you like the figures so much. :-)

Hi Blacktron! I mainly registered to get in contact with you, i really love your Aliens figures! Could you email me (vurt72 at gmail . com) with what's available? Thank you.

I guess it would be good if you could comfirm in the thread that you emailed me so i don't get an email from some scammer hehe

Edited by vurt

Hi Vurt!

Thanks for your posting. Don't worry there are not so many scammers around on eurobricks. I've emailed you the updated list of what's available right now.

thanks. :-)