Skipper

Fort George

I don't see any outlines in my model. I f the walls were higher they'd also seem as one big block of the same color. For the tiles however I used different colors, that's why you can see them. Also are you using the extended mode of the LDD? For more specific questions I'd suggest to turn to the people in the Digtal designers subforums.

This is really great. I know how hard proper building is in ldd. Fabulous how you managed to get all the angles together.

Could you please tell me how you managed it to show each bricks outlines in ldd. That would be really great since I´m searching for some time now to find a way to do so.

Yes, MstrofPpts explained the design well, he figured out the angles/dimensions. :pir-blush:

Quarek, go to the toolbar and click LEGO Digital Designer --> Preferences. Third from the bottom it says "Outlines on bricks," click the box next to it and then "ok." Then restart LDD and it should work.

Edited by Skipper

Thank you Skipper. That´s what I meant. However this feature doesn´t work with mycomputer for reasons I don´t know. But thank you anyway for giving me the answer I was searching for.

I knew I couldn't sleep some time for this one! I can't stand the updates with still having the gap in your model :P The magical number is 11 (or 9 if someone prefers it)! Which means if the hallway is 9 studs wide ( 11 with the wall) and if the smaller pentagon towers sides are 11 studs long and the angles are right, it can be done without any gaps! All the angles are the same - inside of an pentagon = 108, meaning the hinge needs to be bent for 72 degrees. Sam for the ones being used for big and small pentagons as the ones connecting the tower to the main wall. But enough talk, here's the picture:

Pentagon.jpg

I did play a bit to figure out how to make nicer tower corners and any other ideas are appreciated. I also played with the warehouse a bit and different towers interior entrances. Anyone feel free to use this template. I wonder when I'll have some more time to continue this build ... I'm looking forward for some great creations, hope someone does it out of real bricks! Here's the lxf!

This is really great, but how do you put a roof on top of the pentagram?

As it is done in the first post of this topic. I haven't tried it yet, but 2 studs wide fence on top and tiles beneath is one way to go. or more layers of tiles in different angles ... use your immagination. If I find time to make an example, I'll post it here.