Sign in to follow this  
streifen

Visit to Legoland Windsor

Dear EBers,

I will be going to the UK in May. During the trip, I will make a trip to Legoland Windsor.

As I have never been there before, I would like some advice on:

1) will half-a-day visit be enough? i will be taking in the sights there. but no rides (if any), games, etc.

2) any other things i should look out for/buy/do.

Thanks in advance!

Dear EBers,

I will be going to the UK in May. During the trip, I will make a trip to Legoland Windsor.

1) will half-a-day visit be enough? i will be taking in the sights there. but no rides (if any), games, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Well I am going later this is year and I have to say I reckon its like any theme park and I suggest going on a couple of rides and if you don,t I suggest a day there and by the way save up loads of money to buy loads of sets that's what i am doing

Dear EBers,

Thanks in advance!

I would say realistically you need a whole day, otherwise you would be rushing round if you had more plans for later in the day.

As far as what there is to look at other than rides it depends greatly on what you want to actually see..

1. Miniland (Obviously)

2. Creation Centre (Bit like a gallery they have the crown jewels and lots of portraits etc.)

3. Fairy Tale Brook (Gentle boat ride with models of farytales to look at)

4. Dino Safari (Similar to Fairy Tale Brook but in a car looking at Dinosaurs)

5. Orient Expedition (Similar again but on a Train looking at Safari Animals)

There are other things too, and just walking round there is lots to look at.

Hope that helps

D

Dazmundo has visited more recently than I have, as he asked a similar question recently.

I was actually looking at the webpages just yesterday to see what was new, as the EB event is there this June. The Legoland Windsor website (like the other Legolands) has an interactive map of the park, where you can zoom in to see what there is to see and do, and it shows good detail of the various sections of the park.

Plus on the "PLan Your Visit" page you can download a voucher for free ice cream for kids :sweet: .

The website also lists all the events, plus has the opening hours and directions. I would agree that half a day may not be enough, unless that half day is from Midday to closing time, in which case it might almost be the whole time the park is open that day.

The map will also show the various LEGO shops; being a commercial venture, there are plenty of opportunities to spend money on LEGO! :wink:

Hope you have a great time!

Oh just remembered

The Racers Store is where they sell any discounted Lego they have so is worth a visit!

D

Oh just remembered

The Racers Store is where they sell any discounted Lego they have so is worth a visit!

D

Its hit and miss in there though! Ive been three times recently and to be honest the last two times they had next to nothing in there aside from clothing and naff Bionicle sets.

I'd say if you were not going for the rides and stuff you may as well just go to the nearest Lego shop,the Windsor shop is big but not worth the admission price on its own. Each time we've been,we've stayed for the entire day but then with two kids that want to do everything,you need the whole day!

Its hit and miss in there though! Ive been three times recently and to be honest the last two times they had next to nothing in there aside from clothing and naff Bionicle sets.

I'd say if you were not going for the rides and stuff you may as well just go to the nearest Lego shop,the Windsor shop is big but not worth the admission price on its own. Each time we've been,we've stayed for the entire day but then with two kids that want to do everything,you need the whole day!

Oh yeah I wouldn't go especially for the shop but if you are in Legoland it is worth a visit just to see what they have. When I was there a few weeks ago they had some pretty big sets, probably because they have been shut since November they will have last seasons stock to clear!

D

Folks,

thanks for the input!

I hope to be able to contribute to this thread with new info/updates when i return.

In the meantime, any more info would be greatly appreciated.

THanks so much!!

Further to my earlier posts, i have returned from UK. Great fruitful trip!

For Lego Windsor:

1) Getting there: if you are not driving, there is a bus service (702) from Fountain Square (Victoria station). takes 1-1.5hr to reach as it stops along the way to pick people.

Cost of Bus: GBP14 round trip.

alternatively, take a train (check the website for details)

2) as i did not pre-book the tickets, it costs GBP41.40 on the day.

3) the rides are fun. going on a weekday will help as there will not be long queues.

4) the shops there are ok. nothing extraordinary except you can get LEGO apparel and accessories there which may not be available in shops elsewhere.

End of the day, i spent the whole day there instead of my targetted half-day.

TOTAL cost w/o meals and PAB: GBP55.40 per person.

Great much fun!

lastly, sincere apologies if this has been written/mentioned elsewhere before.