CptMugwash

MOC: Mini Steampunk Airship

A mini steampunk airship I've just thrown together this evening. I wanted to make a balloon thing and so I made this. It's not really an airship as it isn't 'ship shape' haha.

Got a little boiler on there powering a small propellar. Got some dials and stuff in the cockpit and a chair! I couldn't fit any levers in :sad:

Some pics are a bit poor as my mum killed my lamp :cry_sad:

Anyways enjoy, C&C welcome.

1298148527m_SPLASH.jpg

1298148543m_SPLASH.jpg

1298148564m_SPLASH.jpg

More pics on my Flickr and MOCpages.

Edited by CptMugwash

Splendid! The bottom part is great, it looks very cohesive yet is also very steampunk. The gold trim used throughout is a nice touch.

I've made a few steampunk airships myself, but I tend to cheat and use the balloon from this adventurers set instead. That brick-built one you managed is certainly impressive!

Cool! The baloon itself is the hardest part to make for me.

Yeah, it was pretty fidgity for me, I had to use different coloured bricks inside :blush: but the whole thing was very fiddily to make.

Splendid! The bottom part is great, it looks very cohesive yet is also very steampunk. The gold trim used throughout is a nice touch.

I've made a few steampunk airships myself, but I tend to cheat and use the balloon from this adventurers set instead. That brick-built one you managed is certainly impressive!

I thought about using those pieces but I really didn't like the prefabness of it and felt that a brickbuilt one is more legoey :sweet:

Thanks for the comments.

Nice work, CptMugwash. I really like the design of the gondola and the details at the engine, that pressure or temperature indicator, the boiler and lever. The color scheme is also well chosen, with a nice wood-and-brass look. Only the balloon looks a bit to blocky for me.

Anyway, well done. :thumbup:

PM

Nice. Good job it's only lifting one person though. The balloon is a little conservatively sized. And what happened to that poor rigging piece? Ouch! So um, cool. :classic:

Edited by Brickenhead-town-dweller

Nice work, CptMugwash. I really like the design of the gondola and the details at the engine, that pressure or temperature indicator, the boiler and lever. The color scheme is also well chosen, with a nice wood-and-brass look. Only the balloon looks a bit to blocky for me.

Anyway, well done. :thumbup:

PM

I always try and keep the basic steampunk colour scheme brown, grey, gold. I do need to work on the balloon a bit more to make it more round but I was going for the blocky LEGO look rather than using those prefab parts mentioned before.

Nice. Good job it's only lifting one person though. The balloon is a little conservatively sized. And what happened to that poor rigging piece? Ouch! So um, cool. :classic:

I've got more pieces now to make a bigger balloon. I've managed to straighten the rigging now idk why I used that one, I guess I felt sorry for it :grin: