BrickWild

Nintendo 3DS

Well, at lasy week's big Nintendo 3DS event in NYC, Nintendo of America announced several new details about the Nintendo 3DS system including the launch date, lauch price, and launch colors.

*The system will be backwards compatible with all 2,000+ Nintendo DS Games as well as Nintendo DSiWare downloadable games.

*The system will launch in two colors, Cosmo Black and Aqua Blue and will br priced at $249.99 lauching on March 27, 2011.

*The system will include autostereoscopic 3D which can display 3D graphics without having to wear special glasses. A 3D slider will allow you to adjust the level of 3D and even turn it off completely.

*The system will include a tilt sensor and a gyro sensor

*The system will include a Mii creator with a new feature where you can take someone's picture and have the system create the Mii for you.

*The system will feature two 0.3 megapixel cameras on the outside for taking 3D pictures and one 0.3 megapixel camera on the inside. The system will include 3DS Camera, an updated version of the DSi Camera software.

*The system will include an SD Card slot and will come with a 2GB SD Card.

*The system will include 3DS Sound, an updated version of the DSi Sound recorder/music player.

*The system wil include an Activity Log which keeps track of how long and when games have been played as well as a pedometer-like function.

*The system includes SpotPass and StreetPass modes which download content to the system when in sleep mode.

*The system will have it's own eShop which will offer 3DSWare games as well as a Virtual Console of Gameboy and Gameboy Color games using a cash-based system.

*The system will include an internet browser.

*The system will include Augmented Reality games

*The system will come pre-bundled with the game Face Raiders pre-installed

*The system will include a 3D video service that will provide 3D movies, among other things.

Launch titles:

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Madden Pro Soccer 2011 3D

Dead or Alive: Dimensions

Steel Diver

Pilotwings Resort

I've got a DSiXL .....only got it for playing Lego Battles

and then got the other LEGO titles for it..

I'm more of a PS3 and PSP fan.......but i will be thinking about getting a DS3D

cheers

steve

My DSlite still works so i'm not in a rush to buy this.

*The system wil include an Activity Log which keeps track of how long and when games have been played as well

A stupidly long time and Pokemon Platinum/HG/SS/Black or white.

Well I still have my original DS (a Phat if you will). And I think its one of the best mobile gaming devices ever. Its cause Nintendo has some of the best franchises, Mario, Pokemon, Metroid Prime and all these franchises have games for the DS that are absolutely superb. My original DS has had no problems. Sure I guess sometimes it cant read the games but all that involves is just taking it and blowing the cartridge a bit, but other than that its good as new. It looks the best when you compare it to the other renditions. Nice angles, not blocky, a gameboy cartridge slot, no GB games sticking out the bottom and mines a nice silver colour.

So anyway Im eagerly awaiting this next gen DS. However its the price that is really putting me off its $540 NZ for the 3DS. I could buy an Xbox 360 or PS3 for about the same money. And I really cannot justify paying that for something that nowadays I only really cause for playing Pokemon at the moment. Im also going to wait an see how well the 3D actually works because if its just a slight effect, it probably be wont worth it. I do like that you can turn it off and on and the backwards compatibility is nice. One of the nicest features though in my opinion is the joystick which is something Nintendo struggles at. So hopefully it will be implemented into games and actually have more than 8 ways to move it like on the Wii. :laugh:

Still though I will wait, see if the prices come down and if the reviews are positive. I also cant wait to see what GameFreak does with Pokemon for it! :thumbup:

Well, I have a DSlite and a DSi, so I'll also get the 3DS.

It has some interesting features, with the 3D screen only the most prominent one. Also very interesting are the SpotPass and StreetPass modes and the tilt sensors/gyros (I can see a lot of physics/casual games for that coming). I don't know yet what to think of the 3D video service. Somehow the idea of watching 2h long movies on that small screen isn't that appealing, even if it's in 3D. Well, we'll see.

Another thing that worries me is the Wi-Fi configuration. I'm really not keen on using WEP anymore. Sure the DSi had WPA already, but it's useless if the games don't (or can't) support it. I really hope they found a way to make WPA available to DS games (I won't hold my breath, though).

And a better use of the cameras would be nice too. Maybe a little video editing software... imagine brickmovies in 3D!

Anyway, I'll get this device as soon as it's availabe, Zelda alone is reason enough for me.

PM

personally I would have been happier if they upgraded the wii, but this seems really neat too

however I think I will be going for the new psp this time.