Sign in to follow this  
Toastie

Switching from interpreted to raw BB code?

Folks,

when putting together some more elaborate contributions, I would like to switch to "raw BB code" rather than seeing partly interpreted BB code in the editor window.

What I am usually doing is composing the forum contribution in text only editors. Then c/p that into the forum editor window. Then I press "preview" and there is the WYSIWYG output. Going back to the editor window and then - pictures are still pictures, lists are just lists. Particularly with the latter or some text ... nested BB Code things are getting easily screwed up.

Question: Is there a way to switch to plain text (raw BB code) in the editor window?

Best regards,

Thorsten

Personally as a forum user for many many years, if you go without the RTE style for a few days, you'll get used to it and it's all I ever use. :thumbup:

Personally as a forum user for many many years, if you go without the RTE style for a few days, you'll get used to it and it's all I ever use. :thumbup:

Yeah, I completely agree, just doing now.

Thanks a lot to both of you for that swift reply - guess I should have paid more attention to the little checkboxes!

Best regards,

Thorsten

Me too. I don't even see the code anymore; all I see is styles, images, links...

Me too. I don't even see the code anymore; all I see is styles, images, links...

Exactly, I'm not alone. I first joined forums back in 2002 and I don't even think they had RTE options back then. Plus for whatever reason I can't get a url link to a picture with the RTE for the life of me.