Sign in to follow this  
Ye Olde Pirate

Custom Minifig: Eleanor of Aquitaine

Hello Everyone!

This is my next entry in CCCVIII. :classic:

Info on Eleanor:

Eleanor of Aquitaine was one of the most influential women of the middle ages. She was famed for he beauty, and was queen two different countries (England and France). She was a very colorful character and loved fun and adventure. She inherited the province of Aquitaine in southwestern France when she was just 15 years old. Not long after, in order to unite Aquitaine with the rest of France, King Louis VII married her. She went with him on the Second Crusade, but after being married for 15 years and producing him no heir King Louis divorced her. Several months later she married King Henry II of England. She sired him 8 children including the legendary Richard the Lion-hearted and the infamous John Lackland. Despite her good looks and apparent good nature, King Henry was not faithful and had many mistresses. One of the most famous mistresses he had was Rosamund of Clifford who died mysteriously. Overtime several accounts tell that Eleanor poisoned Rosamund. Though that's probably untrue, I've included a cup filled with poison in Eleanor's hand. Eventually she encouraged the rebellion of her sons against their father, so Henry had his wife confined to a castle. When Henry died, Eleanor went on to advise her son Richard the Lion-heart when he became king, and later her son John. She died at the grand old age of 81.

1289527561m_DISPLAY.jpg

1289525246m_DISPLAY.jpg

This is the painting I used as a model for the minifig.

More pics: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/236005

Thanks for looking! Please leave me some feedback! :classic:

A very good and accurate purist customisation, Ye Olde Pirate, she looks just like the real woman! :thumbup:

Well done. :thumbup:

~buddy~