Sign in to follow this  
Superkalle

Tip: get better view of Minfig head decorations

Don't know if you allready knew this, but here's a tip to get a better view of the minifig head decorations.

Update (thanks to ADHO15 for clarification):

When you use the "decorations" tool, all the heads may be turned to the side which makes it difficult to see the graphcis. But if you right click in the list of all heads, you can rotate them all so you get a front view instread.

RotateAllPalettte.jpg

I don't know what its like for you, but I just rotate the whole workspace using the right mouse button so that I'm looking at the figs face-on. When you decorate them like this, you get a good view of all the faces.

Just an alternate way of doing it. :classic:

While we're on the subject, if you didn't know, you can use the right mouse button to rotate all the bricks in the menus without having to place them in the workspace to allow for a better view before using them.

While we're on the subject, if you didn't know, you can use the right mouse button to rotate all the bricks in the menus without having to place them in the workspace to allow for a better view before using them.

Yes you can, just as Superkalle demonstrated for the decoration tool. In the Bricks menu you can rotate all pieces at once to orient them either in the way the MOC is placed or the way the piece is intended to go.

Hop it helps!!

Keep Brickin'

Pirate

Thanks ADHO15 for clarification. I updated the first post.

PS: regarding brick rotation, have you noticed that when you rotate a brick and put it in on the workspace, the next brick you pull a brick from the palette it will be rotated the same direction. Personally I don't even know if this is a good feature or not. It's kind of annoying sometimes.

Thanks ADHO15 for clarification. I updated the first post.

PS: regarding brick rotation, have you noticed that when you rotate a brick and put it in on the workspace, the next brick you pull a brick from the palette it will be rotated the same direction. Personally I don't even know if this is a good feature or not. It's kind of annoying sometimes.

No problem. :classic:

I have noticed that and, as you find many lego models are symmetrical, the next brick that you place will probably be in the same direction, so I see it as a good feature. If you select a different brick and then go back to that brick, it will be reset to how it was, so its not hard to correct.

I always thought that right clicking in the palette and rotating the pieces was pretty cool too

I knew this a long time ago. You can do this with any brick, whether it be in the brick selector, or the colour picker, or the decoration picker.