Sign in to follow this  
Sirens-of-Titan

Kingdoms Battle Packs Discussion

I got three Dragon Battle Packs. I found the printing to be spot on on the torsos. Slight problems on the shields (orange line between quadrants). 5/15 figs had problems holding on to their shields. So basically slightly below quality but also not terrible. I'd prefer the quality to be on par with the regular sets, but it seems that is to much to hope for.

From what I can see, the best option to avoid the lousy quality found in the battle packs is to just wait for more sets to come out. At the end of the fantasy theme just buying singles of the sets allowed me to amass a pretty good sized army.

I got three Dragon Battle Packs. I found the printing to be spot on on the torsos. Slight problems on the shields (orange line between quadrants). 5/15 figs had problems holding on to their shields. So basically slightly below quality but also not terrible. I'd prefer the quality to be on par with the regular sets, but it seems that is to much to hope for.

What do you mean by "an orange line"? Are the four quadrants divided, or are they overlapping? And when you say the printing was "spot on", do you mean it had that fine glossy look to it, like in the 'normal' sets?

By the way, sorry for all the questions, I have a low-ish Lego budget, and I don't want to waste 45 USD on poorly-printed minifigures.

-Santhor

What do you mean by "an orange line"? Are the four quadrants divided, or are they overlapping? And when you say the printing was "spot on", do you mean it had that fine glossy look to it, like in the 'normal' sets?

The four quadrants overlap as seen here. This was one of my more pronounced ones, most of them the orange line is much thinner. Sorry for the blurry pic, all I have is a camera phone right now, but you can still kind of see the orange line between the two bottom quadrants. The glossiness of these figs seems to be a bit less than that of figs from regular sets, but mine do have some glossiness to the torso printing. I don't know if the orange line is a problem in regular sets as I only have one shield for the dragons from the regular sets right now and don't even know which one it is anymore.

@ I spoke the the manager at my local Lego store and he said that all of the minifigures in battle packs, magnet sets, and otherwise are manufactured in denmark just like the minifigures in the regular sets. The coloring is sometimes different but, the minifigure is the same quality. He also told me that Lego only uses china to build specialty parts like the magnets and electronics in some sets and so on. default_classic.gif

Oh that is fantastic news!! :classic:

And boba jagoda, thatnk you for the pictures!!!! :wub:

The figs look just as good as the ones in the big sets, (although it is a shame about the light silver weapons :tongue:) Oh well, that's the least of my worries for these; I'm happy quality looks up to par!

Time to start army building haha :wink:

WRONG! i bought the dragon battle pack and at the very top of the package it says components are made in CHINA. everything in that battle pack is made in china.

as for discussion thread, check this out. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42598

i agree with the findings. the hands are too loose. overall quality just seem inferior to even the impulse sets. the normal sets' components are made in denmark, hungary, mexico and czech republic. i generally find any lego parts made in china to be inferior. it's probably the plastic used is inferior.

I just bought the dragon's battle pack and am disappointed about the quality:

* the printing on the shields is bad on all three shields (the colours overlap - creating a somewhat orangy line);

* the hands don't have grip,

* some legs are loose and

* the helmets fall off easily as well.

The printing is good, but that's about it. Very disappointing.

Best, K.

also three of the 5 faces were repeated. why a BP would contain 3 of the same faces is utterly beyond me. :sadnew: kinda defeats the purpose of getting a BP.

Perhaps a little bit off topic, But the crown of my king from 'King's Castle' doesn't fit well.

So is there a problem with all the sets TLC produces?

Fenrir

The four quadrants overlap as seen here. This was one of my more pronounced ones, most of them the orange line is much thinner. Sorry for the blurry pic, all I have is a camera phone right now, but you can still kind of see the orange line between the two bottom quadrants. The glossiness of these figs seems to be a bit less than that of figs from regular sets, but mine do have some glossiness to the torso printing. I don't know if the orange line is a problem in regular sets as I only have one shield for the dragons from the regular sets right now and don't even know which one it is anymore.

Thanks much to all of you, I just want to be careful what I buy. I see a tiny orange line on all of my shields, but it doesn't go in the cross/plus sign (+) pattern. It's usually dividing 2 quadrants, with a small gray, or maybe unprinted, line dividing the other parts.

EDIT: Oops, the "visual aid" isn't working (I deleted it). The orange divides the top and left parts, and the gray divides the bottom and right sections.

-Santhor

Edited by Santhor

I have purchased both of the current battle packs. They both work great for my needs and I am happy with them.

Ahab out....................

Thanks much to all of you, I just want to be careful what I buy. I see a tiny orange line on all of my shields, but it doesn't go in the cross/plus sign (+) pattern. It's usually dividing 2 quadrants, with a small gray, or maybe unprinted, line dividing the other parts.

EDIT: Oops, the "visual aid" isn't working (I deleted it). The orange divides the top and left parts, and the gray divides the bottom and right sections.

-Santhor

All my shields have it as well to some degree - I did not notice it before. It seems the shields in the battle packs are a bit more off than the ones in the original sets, but it seems fair to withdraw that point of critique on the battle packs.

I now replaced all legs and arms with replacement parts from my older LEGO sets, which makes the battlepack minifigs blend into my army. The torsos are spot on by the way - I even have the idea that they are printed in a better way than the torsos in my original sets. Nevertheless, I would not recommend buying huge quantities of BP's. This would leave you with too many "crippled" minifigs.

Best,

K.