Sign in to follow this  
merman

Lego Stores in and around New York City and San Francisco

I will be going to San Francisco and New York City in 3 weeks and was wondering if people know stores in or around these cities with a good range of Lego kits.

I am depending on public transport (especially subway). I know about 2 official Lego stores in NYC and one in New Jersey but I have no idea if these can be easily reached. Unfortunately, the Lego stores in Queens and Rockefeller Center will open this summer.

I am specifically looking for exclusives like 10211 Grand Emporium. Does anyone know if FAO Schwarz sells these? I have seen exclusives there in the past. I don't count on the Toys'R'Us flagship store on Times Square.

And anyone knows department stores that have a good collection of sets?

The Lego Store in Rockefeller Center in midtown Manhattan is easily accessible via subway and should have the exclusive sets.

The Lego Store in Rockefeller Center in midtown Manhattan is easily accessible via subway and should have the exclusive sets.

Yes, but according to Lego.com this store is not open yet. Coming this summer...

People from Lego Direct also told me this

Yes, but according to Lego.com this store is not open yet. Coming this summer...

People from Lego Direct also told me this

This is true. There are two New Jersey stores available from NYC though - Paramus and Bridgewater. I know Bridgewater may be a stretch, but we have customers come in from Staten Island and other parts of New York. (Disclaimer: Yes, I work at the Bridgewater store, and no Grand Emporiums here right now unfortunately.) I'm not sure of the best way from NYC to Bridgewater though - I'll try to do some research on it for you when I get a chance. Happy Lego shopping!

THank you so much for your reply. I tried to do some research but all stores in NY and NJ are way too far from any subway station. And that way a 10211 will be just as expensive as in Europe. You have any idea if FAO Schwarz sells this set or is able to order one for me? I have seen exclusives there in the past. (I tried to Direct Message u but u have this disabled, hence the public reply)

The LEGO Stores in the San Francisco area are in San Mateo and Santa Clara. Easy to get to by car, unknown about public transport, but you might want to try BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) to see if you could get to either store that way. Other than that, there are plenty of Wal-Marts, Targets, and one or two Toys R Us stores around.

Sign in to follow this