Sign in to follow this  
Dennis

Is there a Building mistake in 8258(cranetruck)?

I am at stage 23 on the crane truck (8258), it show using a number 5 axis and the cog which you place in it, when I go and fit stage 63 to the truck body, , last stage in book 1, the number 5 axis is to long. It won't go through the hole, or if it did would hot the yellow cog, now I replaced the number 5 axis with a number 3 and goes in and clipped it on with the red pins and the 3 cogs are lined up?

Now the plan shows you use a number 5 axis, but does not seem correct? Is this a printing mistake?

Edited by Dennis

I am at stage 23 on the crane truck (8258), it show using a number 5 axis and the cog which you place in it, when I go and fit stage 63 to the truck body, , last stage in book 1, the number 5 axis is to long. It won't go through the hole, or if it did would hot the yellow cog, now I replaced the number 5 axis with a number 3 and goes in and clipped it on with the red pins and the 3 cogs are lined up?

Now the plan shows you use a number 5 axis, but does not seem correct? Is this a printing mistake?

i followed the instruction and i didnt have any problems...is this aesthetic problem or functionality problem? if it's aesthetic, you can probably use whatever you want to use but in the end, you will need an extra axle for something else since there aren't any spares for axles. if it's functionality, whatever they have in the instruction book works without a problem.