MetroiD

Linking to info on EuroBricks

Hey guys,

I know there used to be a thread about "partner forums & sites", in which I was planning to post this, but it's gone down the drain and I was unable to find it. So I'm starting this thread in which I just wanted to let you know (especially the mods and admins of EB) that as a moderator and news coordinator of our Bulgarian LUG forum, I've been using info posted on EuroBricks as my main source of LEGO-related news.

Now, I know that generally all the info posted on EB is free to share, apart from the banners & other copyright artwork and I've also discussed this with a few of the staff members. Nevertheless, I still wanted to post this, just to be sure that I've let you all know and have your consent.

I've always tried to inform the respective author of the article or person who's posted the news on EB that I've used their material as a news source and I've also frequently cited EuroBricks as my source by claiming that the respective info was shared by "our friends over at EuroBricks". I have also tried to contact all the respective authors and let them know I've used their image / work, so that they are aware of that fact.

I'd be happy to take down any images or news which you might not want to share or see published on another website/ forum, all you have to do is let me down via a short PM and I'll act ASAP.

In the meantime though, I must say once again THANK YOU to this entire community for being such a reliable and never-ending source of LEGO news. Seeing as Lebgo.org is currently the only place where Bulgarian users can get the latest information regarding all things LEGO in their mother tongue, I hope that by using EuroBricks as my primary source and linking to the forum here, I could also stimulate more people to join this fantastic community.

We welcome anyone linking to discussions or whatever on Eurobricks as long as there's a reference to EB as the source. We see that as common courtesy.

Link away :thumbup:

Thanks Tom, it's good to know I can always rely on our community as a main source of info and then share it with as much people as possible!

I know Brickset and TBB often source Eurobricks for information. We've gained quite a reputation for being "news-breakers." :sweet:

Seeing as Lebgo.org is currently the only place where Bulgarian users can get the latest information regarding all things LEGO in their mother tongue,

Legomania BG is the youngest spot in the Bulgarian Internet space dedicated to our favorite hobby Lego. :classic:

Edited by vladoniki

Aren't you being a BIT too impudent, as usual, Vlado!?

I thought you have admitted Legomania BG. :classic:

As I've said on multiple occasions, as well as in "personal" discussions with you, I have no problems with your forum, the thing that bothers me here is the way you go about "advertising" it in my footsteps. If it does not leave a bitter aftertaste for you (it should), it definitely does so for me. I would very much like for people to know that there is a difference between both websites (and communities), and your actions are not helping that. Hopefully, you won't mind respecting my wish - there's tons of ways in which you could make your introduction and properly announce your hangout both on the Internet and specifically here on Eurobricks, so I would appreciate if you'd stop going about it in the precise same manner which got us into this in the first place. Thank you.

P.S.: For example, here is a good place to start and let people know about yourself, your hobbies, your MOCs and your forum. Go ahead and make an introduction - and then enjoy your stay here on EB.

Legomania BG is the youngest spot in the Bulgarian Internet space dedicated to our favorite hobby Lego. :classic:

MetroiD is very right, this thread is really not the place to announce your website. In my view it's like hijacking this thread which MetroiD started and use it for your advertisement purposes. It's not a nice thing to do!

If you want to advertise your website, please PM someone of the staff to ask for permission. Most likely you'll get it and you'll be able to announce your site in our community forum.