Anio

Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser

good evening anio

I started to collect pieces to complete your VENATOR.

I'm very interested in your building instructions.

what is the way to buy them?

thank you so much and congratulations for your amazing work

oliv

The first post on page 7 is clear enough, isn't it ?

Hi! I just found this great MOC and have bought the pdf instructions in order to build it.

When I copy the xml file from post #151 into my wanted list on bricklink, I end up with 251 different items and none of them is red (or any other kind of red). Before I start placing orders on bricklink, I would like to know what is wrong with the wanted list I have? Any input will be greatly appreciated!

NB when I copied the xml file I opened it with windows notepad, did a copy and paste and got no error message from bricklink.

Stef

I just tried to create the wanted list. There is no problem, I have all the dark red parts in it.

I just tried to create the wanted list. There is no problem, I have all the dark red parts in it.

Thanks for the reply and for your work!

I will try again tonight, but still Im wondering what I am doing wrong, since I ve tried it twice already with the above result...any idea?

Stef

Redownload the zip page 7. Then, extract the files, double click on the venator partlist, select all, copy, paste on the mass upload bricklink page.

I dunno what else to say. The problem is may be so simple that I do not see it. @_@

Redownload the zip page 7. Then, extract the files, double click on the venator partlist, select all, copy, paste on the mass upload bricklink page.

I dunno what else to say. The problem is may be so simple that I do not see it. @_@

Well this time it worked! For an unknown reason the red parts were not showing up in bricklink, thats why bricklink showed me only 251 different parts . Now bricklink shows all the 310 different parts. All I have left to do is manually enter the number of parts for each of the 310 different items...

As said some time ago, here are the corrections for those who bought the instructions.

The pages 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 have to be replaced by these 3 pages :

627346Assemblagevenatorpage6.png

895409Assemblagevenatorpage7.png

149590Assemblagevenatorpage8.png

I hope it is clear enough. :)

Edited by Anio

Hi Anio,

I only purchased the instructions yesterday for this one, are these changes noted above already in place in the version I downloaded or should I also refer to the shots above.

Cheers

Matt.

Refer to the shots above. ;)

I dunno, might be being thick, but the three replacements for 6 though 11 dont seem to cover other steps that are not repeated elseware.

I am not sure what you mean.

Just do what is shown on the new pages.

And then go to the old version, page 12.

I am not sure what you mean.

Just do what is shown on the new pages.

And then go to the old version, page 12.

What I was trying to say was, on page 6, 7, 8 the instructions show us building to two extended dark grey bits that stick out the end as shown on the last of three replacement images, these are not constructed anywhere else but it's being suggested we replace them with the three new pages. Page 9 then goes on to start creating a light grey structural part which I assume is what is being replaced.

Not trying to be difficult, love the instructions but the replacements don't seem to match up with what they are replacing?

Matt

Wow, those two dark grey bits sticking out the back are quite a change from the old model. What are they part of? Engines?

Wow, those two dark grey bits sticking out the back are quite a change from the old model. What are they part of? Engines?

Ofc. What else do you want them to be ?

Hah, nothing! Just a very different build style for that area - indeed looks like changes for the entire frame.

Hah, nothing! Just a very different build style for that area - indeed looks like changes for the entire frame.

Glad you can see what the changes entail cause I can't, as far as I can see, it makes the structure weaker by omitting the link 1 x 3 beams inbetween the main beams of the structure as well as changing a 4 x 4 plate for 2 1 x 4 plates. Also doesn't make any sense to replace pages 6, 7, 8 as they are not contstructed anywhere else but just appear in the last picture of the corrections.

:sceptic:

Glad you can see what the changes entail cause I can't, as far as I can see, it makes the structure weaker by omitting the link 1 x 3 beams inbetween the main beams of the structure as well as changing a 4 x 4 plate for 2 1 x 4 plates. Also doesn't make any sense to replace pages 6, 7, 8 as they are not contstructed anywhere else but just appear in the last picture of the corrections.

Fine budy, do whatever you want and built the model with the 1x4 Technic bricks and the 4x4 plate.

Of course, when you are done, do not hesitate to send me a photo. I would be glad to see how you did it !

...Or how you failed ;)

Fine budy, do whatever you want and built the model with the 1x4 Technic bricks and the 4x4 plate.

Of course, when you are done, do not hesitate to send me a photo. I would be glad to see how you did it !

...Or how you failed ;)

Seriously anio ease off the attitude, I just would like to know why you are saying replace pages 6,7,8 when they are not constructed anywhere else? I have asked 3 times about that? How about rather than handing out images, recompile the PDF with an updated parts list as you intend it to be now rather than selling something that needs changes.

I really love the model and its design I just don't get where the changes fit in so to speak.

Edited by Wezra

Seriously anio ease off the attitude, I just would like to know why you are saying replace pages 6,7,8 when they are not constructed anywhere else? I have asked 3 times about that? How about rather than handing out images, recompile the PDF with an updated parts list as you intend it to be now rather than selling something that needs changes.

I really love the model and its design I just don't get where the changes fit in so to speak.

A new instruction with the modifications will be done.

But I can not afford to re-provide this new instruction to all those who bought it, otherwise my server will totally burn out. Keep in mind it is a 700Mb instruction.

I am sure that with some good softs, you can rebuild the pdf yourself. ;) (GIMP to extract the images, and then, a pdf builder)

In the bottom right hand corner, you have the number of each page. Look at these numbers : from page 6 to 11, ignore the instruction.

And take into accound the images I posted.

Inventory : some parts are removed, 2 plates 1x4 DBG are added.

Sorry, but I can NOT be more specific.

Edited by Anio

I owe you an apology buddy, do you know what was throwing me :)

Adobe readers page numbers are out of whack with your page numbers (to be fair, I was a tit and didn't notice the page numbers in the bottom right). Adobe's Page 6 is your Page 3 etc etc, your page 6 is adobe's page 9!

DOH! :ugh:

I owe you an apology buddy, do you know what was throwing me :)

Adobe readers page numbers are out of whack with your page numbers (to be fair, I was a tit and didn't notice the page numbers in the bottom right). Adobe's Page 6 is your Page 3 etc etc, your page 6 is adobe's page 9!

DOH! :ugh:

I was confused about the page numbers to, but thanks to your comment i'll get it.

I've nearly finished building mine but i've to say that the magnets are not strong enougth to keep the lower wings sticked to the structure.

Ok they are fixed but don't touch the model on they fall.

I'm gonna build some support in addition to the 2 done in technics.

I will try adding bars and technic pieces inside the structure later to strenghten the model for more stability.

Beside this really a great model !

I've nearly finished building mine but i've to say that the magnets are not strong enougth to keep the lower wings sticked to the structure.

Ok they are fixed but don't touch the model on they fall.

I'm gonna build some support in addition to the 2 done in technics.

You are the first person to report that. I guess it comes from your model or your magnets.

When I put a lower wing just 1cm beneath the magnets, it "flies" immediatly to stick to the magnets.

Issue resolved !

Probably i pushed the magnet too deep in the magnet holder.

Now that they are at same level of the plastic part this is working perfectly.

That MOC is too good !!