Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Train News

The price - looks like a bargain compared with any 12V trains that I try to buy on eBay :)

Just the 7760 Diesel Shunter locomotive sold for 225 pounds - that's, what, US$270?

And I'm trying to find a 7740 Inter-city set - most are around 250 Euro, but I did find a couple that were Mint In Sealed Box - for US$500. They both sold, too.

-Alex

The price - looks like a bargain compared with any 12V trains that I try to buy on eBay :)

Just the 7760 Diesel Shunter locomotive sold for 225 pounds - that's, what, US$270?

And I'm trying to find a 7740 Inter-city set - most are around 250 Euro, but I did find a couple that were Mint In Sealed Box - for US$500. They both sold, too.

-Alex

Regarding those $500 7740 sets: I believe those were bogus auctions. There was never any feedback recorded for either one, and I was one of the bidders. I received an email from ebay stating that my bids had been cancelled by ebay because someone had created false listings.

I am eagerly awaiting the new Lego train sets, too. But I think the sets we are looking at are considered "play train". I believe that TLC is still making the final preparations for a line called "hobby train", which will be a more advanced type of set. Hopefully this will continue the 9V scheme of things. We should know by the end of the summer, I hope. :-)

^^^

I hope LEGO does do this, it would be great for LEGO to respect it's fans for once. I also hope we get the stuff that is missing currently from the 9V line. For example, electric level crossing with workings crossing lights and barriers and also electric swith points. Maybe these could be R/C controlled, instead of the confusing 12V wire collection that builds up.

By the way has anyone thought about modding the new RC trains to pick up 9v power for constently power metal track? Feed it directly into the battery box form eather metal wheels or metal covered wheels. That might be they answer we are all looking for.

By the way has anyone thought about modding the new RC trains to pick up 9v power for constently power metal track? Feed it directly into the battery box form eather metal wheels or metal covered wheels. That might be they answer we are all looking for.

Welcome to the baords. I started a thread, quite recently, asking the same question, only I said, why can't be just attach a 9V motor, instead of the same bogie with a battery pack attached.

Unfortunately, we don't even know the look of the motor, we have been promised a lot mre information in August.