DarthSion

PlayStation general discussion

Perhaps you should either read things, or MYOB, if there was a problem with what I am talking about I am sure RootAdmin Siegfried would have told me to shut up.

I thought you're PS3 was chipped or something. Apologies.

Also the PS3.5 is probably the Slim version.

Well I am, and 480 a fortnight doesn't go far, especially with a dog.

No idea what you mean, I don't follow nintendo.

Ah I see, freaks rule lol.

Simon, there is no chip, its a micro controller, you plug into the USB, my point being if What i am talking about, and yes I do have a hacked PS3, if it was against this sites rules, then Sig would Have said something given he is a rootadmin, and talking to me about it.

Besides, its not like I am telling people they should do it, or how to do it, or how to get illegal games (which I could), we are just talking about it in general.

The 3.5 was a rumoured PS that would have a 1TB hdd and only legal digital downloads like the PSPGo, which failed.

Edited by DarthSion

Also the PS3.5 is probably the Slim version.

No, Sony a while back were asking developers what they thought of the idea of a partial upgrade where all old PS3 software still ran but it could also run enhanced versions and/or new games. Not much was heard of it since so the concept probably wasn't that popular. The slim is a 3.1 at best... and a 2.99 in many cases. (It has less flash so it can't store the full OS in ROM... as I discovered during a recent harddrive upgrade. :sceptic: )

No idea what you mean, I don't follow nintendo.

The Wii is for the most part an upgraded Gamecube. Word is they were considering making the Wii-motes an add-on, but the performance penalty was too much.

The 3.5 was a rumoured PS that would have a 1TB hdd and only legal digital downloads like the PSPGo, which failed.

That was another one. I have my doubts about that rumor.

No, Sony a while back were asking developers what they thought of the idea of a partial upgrade where all old PS3 software still ran but it could also run enhanced versions and/or new games. Not much was heard of it since so the concept probably wasn't that popular. The slim is a 3.1 at best... and a 2.99 in many cases. (It has less flash so it can't store the full OS in ROM... as I discovered during a recent harddrive upgrade. :sceptic: )

The Wii is for the most part an upgraded Gamecube. Word is they were considering making the Wii-motes an add-on, but the performance penalty was too much.

Ah I see, explains why its so rubbish, that and the refuse to push tech limits.

That is because the PS3.5 is like the PSPhone, rumoured.

Edited by DarthSion

That is because the PS3.5 is like the PSPhone, rumoured.

Yeah, but I must admit I'm believing the PSP Android Phone rumours.

Yeah, but I must admit I'm believing the PSP Android Phone rumours.

Yeah Sony likes cashing in on Gen y fades, like movement controllers, facepalmbook, home, wouldn't surprise me if they try to cash in on the ifade.

WOW, here is a rumour going around Sony hopes isn't true, there are rumours that the team who made the original jailbreak have been given leaked master keys, if this is the case (please be true) then it is game over Sony nothing they can do will stop the scene.

So is gt5, some retard is trying to claim its the psgroove that is the reason it is delayed, yeah like adding new decryption keys is going to push it back.

Gran Turismo 5?? If so I'm pretty sure it's still set for a November 2nd release.

Gran Turismo 5?? If so I'm pretty sure it's still set for a November 2nd release.

They changed it again :hmpf: It still says Q4 on Wikipedia, so there's still hope for it before Christmas. At a sales stand point, I'd release it in December. January's too late.

Ohhh, things just get better and better, new rumours say you can patch games that need 3.42 firmware.

Almost feel sorry for Sony, NOT.

Anyone tried the new Sonic 4 game?.

Hi!

I have a question about ps3:

Does it come with SOMETHING to play or do you need to buy a game with?

Thanks

MInxter

Hi!

I have a question about ps3:

Does it come with SOMETHING to play or do you need to buy a game with?

Thanks

MInxter

Depends on it, if you are buying a slim like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SONY-COMPUTER-120-Slim-Console/dp/B0035WESSA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1287780915&sr=8-3

You wont get a game,

but if your buying something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/COMPUTER-Uncharted-Controller-Recharging-Controllers/dp/B00392XSVY/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1287780955&sr=8-20

You'll get a game!

If not the playstation network is free, so you can always go online and download demos, or buy online games.

Thanks for the help!

I have another question now:

There is many models like 320 GB 120 GB 240 GB, I think, so the question is how much the difference is?

Will you need 320 GB or is an 120 GB ok? How much GB do usually games take?

Thanks

Minxter

It depends, if you have a spare external hard drive, 120 will do, most games don't need to install, but it is anywhere from a couple of hundred mbs to 4gigs.

The real question is, what do you intend to do with it, if you plan on having media such a photos, video, and music on the ps3 then you will need more than 120gigs.

Of course you can always get the 120 then put a new hard drive in, you can do it, the one thing Sony did right was let us change the hard drive, they even show you how to, its rather easy not much harder than putting a hard drive into a pc.

I had the 40gigs model, it was enough for me, but i put a 320gig in when i chose to hack my ps3.

Thanks for the help!

I have another question now:

There is many models like 320 GB 120 GB 240 GB, I think, so the question is how much the difference is?

Will you need 320 GB or is an 120 GB ok? How much GB do usually games take?

Thanks

Minxter

I have bought a ps3 120 gb. But i only had 29 left, and Gran Turismo is coming, and it takes about 10 gb installing space. So i bought a new 500 gb hard disk, and put it in my ps3! Now i'm a PS+ member, and i can download much games, because i have enough space. But it depends most on how many games your gonna buy, i have 41 games. And that is gonna take a lot of free space. If your only buying like 20 games 120 is fine. But if you wanna download demo's and games, and put music and video's on your hard disc, then get a bigger hard disk. I recomend to buy a separet hard disc. It's cheaper.

I am pretty sure that is wrong, I swear somewhere I read Sony has put a limit on how much space games can install and I am pretty sure its 4gigs.

I am pretty sure that is wrong, I swear somewhere I read Sony has put a limit on how much space games can install and I am pretty sure its 4gigs.

Actually it's semi true; it needs 256MB, and can use up to 10GB. The source is reliable; it's from Polyphony Digital's CEO, Kazunori Yamauchi.

They must have changed it, but it did used to be that way, I remember Sony saying a certain game wouldn't be more than 4 gigs as it was their rule.

Oh well not getting gt5 so what ever, that is a bloody lot of space though, 10gigs, is even final fantasy that big.

Oh well not getting gt5 so what ever, that is a bloody lot of space though, 10gigs, is even final fantasy that big.

FFXIII didn't have a compulsory install, and there's no option. It might have a cache, but I never noticed any delay. To be honest I was stunned at the time, and the game is very smooth.

Really, no install for FF13, I am shocked, figured that would have to be huge.

Anyone tried the AAA Lucha Libra game?

Ok thanks!

I come up with a new question:

Ps3 can use HD but does it need to have HD to work?

Sorry for all the questions but I will probarly get a ps3 so I want to know what you need.

Minxter

No it doesnt need it. I used mine with a standard non-HD TV for about 2 months before we upgraded to an HD TV. It works fine but when you first start it up on an HD TV it really does blow you away. But it stills looks fine on an SD TV as well.

Ok thanks!

I come up with a new question:

Sorry for all the questions but I will probarly get a ps3 so I want to know what you need.

Minxter

Roncanator is right, you don't need HD. I play my ps3 on a small non-HD TV. However, for some games it is hard to read the words because they appear blurry.

[i experienced this with MAG and the ModNation demo]

Edited by Commander Assassin