RoodakaHK

Bionicle-2010?

Ok, hey, yeah...

I've kind of only been following the main Bionicle storyline for the last few months, not a lot of forum visits, and I get on and look around, and sense rumblings of Bionicle's impending doom. Has it been stated somewhere that the story is going to end in 2010?

And these Bionicle Stars are the primary winter sets?!

Has it been stated somewhere that the story is going to end in 2010?

A product line description on a Czech LEGO website said that in 2010 the BIONICLE saga will come to a close. Whether that means just the MU related story or the entire BIONICLE line is unknown, but LEGO employees haven't falsified the rumour so far.

And these Bionicle Stars are the primary winter sets?!

Yup, BIONICLE spending will be lighter on the wallet next winter. :classic:

Hmm

Not sure how to take that. Here I thought everything was going fine, and then this. I can see why the story would twine down, but not so much in the way of why the line itself would end. I'm going to go ahead and blame the vehicles. Oh, and that ridiculous $50 Mata Nui set. Selling an abundance of expensive larger sets as opposed to some more modestly-priced titans was probably not the greatest idea during a recession.

If the end really is coming up, I can only hope Greg ties it up neatly. Should have left some mysteries though. Stories that end with a few unsolved mysteries are the ones I generally recall back to the most frequently.

I am clinging to the feeble hope that this is only the end of the Mata Nui based story. I would love the story to completely change but still keep the name Bionicle, no more complaints of poorly redesigned sets. :tongue:

But if this is the end, lets hope it leaves with a bang. :cry_happy:

Since nobody bothers to post, Unity's website revealed Glatorian Arena 3, which includes:

- Play as all 12 Glatorian (without code in GA2)

- Multiplayer (EPIC WIN)

And we still don't have GA2 downloadable yet.

not if he's a Doctor Who fan

Which I am, of course. So well done there. :D

I was thinking of following it with 'And you know what? So was I.', but thought nobody would get it and I'd just seem cocky.

- Tilius

Since nobody bothers to post, Unity's website revealed Glatorian Arena 3, which includes:

- Play as all 12 Glatorian (without code in GA2)

- Multiplayer (EPIC WIN)

And we still don't have GA2 downloadable yet.

That sounds interesting. :classic:

Odd that there is no source link though - I've scoured the Unity3D site and I can't find it anywhere.

That sounds interesting. :classic:

Odd that there is no source link though - I've scoured the Unity3D site and I can't find it anywhere.

Maybe someone at LEGO (like Bink) saw it on BZP and asked the Web manager to take it down?

Maybe someone at LEGO (like Bink) saw it on BZP and asked the Web manager to take it down?

Possibly, but it's odd that a source reference was never even provided initially in the BZP article.

BIG NEWS. Ignika will be devolving Tahu into Mata form:

Hi Greg, I just have one question this time:

Could it be that Tahu is somehow devolved by the Ignika back into his Mata form?

I understand if you can't answer it, but I figured it was worth a try.

Thanks in advance!

Very good, Zakann. Go to the head of the class.

The question is, why would the Ignika do this?

BIG NEWS. Ignika will be devolving Tahu into Mata form:

Very good, Zakann. Go to the head of the class.

The question is, why would the Ignika do this?

My best guess is that after Mata Nui injects his spirit into the BMGS, the Ignika regains it's consciousness. Tahu is probably the unlucky one to find him first, and the Ignika would probably still be in shock out of the entire Mata Nui ordeal, to it acted quickly in self-defense, doing what it did to Icarax.

Devolving isn't really the word I'd choose for it, because EP transforms things into other things not necessarily related, whereas evolving is what the Makuta did. If the Ignika were to encounter Vezon again, I wouldn't class removing the Olmak from his face as devolving him. :sceptic:

My best guess is that after Mata Nui injects his spirit into the BMGS, the Ignika regains it's consciousness. Tahu is probably the unlucky one to find him first, and the Ignika would probably still be in shock out of the entire Mata Nui ordeal, to it acted quickly in self-defense, doing what it did to Icarax.

Devolving isn't really the word I'd choose for it, because EP transforms things into other things not necessarily related, whereas evolving is what the Makuta did. If the Ignika were to encounter Vezon again, I wouldn't class removing the Olmak from his face as devolving him. :sceptic:

I doubt that's the reason.

Shock or not, the Ignika knows Tahu, and the two were allies in the Karda Nui saga. The Ignika only did that to Icarax because he attacked it.

I'm thinking Tahu has the Ignika change him to his Mata form on purpose, possibly so he's able to use the golden armor.

Which I am, of course. So well done there. :D

I was thinking of following it with 'And you know what? So was I.', but thought nobody would get it and I'd just seem cocky.

- Tilius

I'd have gotten that reference.

I'm just wondering on the summer sets. Hopefully they'll be new sets, not re-releases or updates (Nuva, etc.) of existing characters. I'm simply waiting on leaks so I can begin writing my 2010 Bara Magna epic, and re-releases won't do for my story plan. So, I have to ask, what month do we usually get summer leaks in?

I'd have gotten that reference.

I'm just wondering on the summer sets. Hopefully they'll be new sets, not re-releases or updates (Nuva, etc.) of existing characters. I'm simply waiting on leaks so I can begin writing my 2010 Bara Magna epic, and re-releases won't do for my story plan. So, I have to ask, what month do we usually get summer leaks in?

in febreaury we usually get pictures of the sets

Well of course removing the Olmak wouldn't be considered devolving; those are two separate objects: Vezon and the Kanohi Olmak. I do see Tahu "transforming" back in to his Mata form as devolving because, assuming I am right, he reverts back to his old form. And THEN he gets his new armor. But it all depends on the Ignika. The Ignika depowers Tahu but gives him armor? Not sure how it goes, but I see it as devolving.

Just got this from Greg 5 minutes ago:

1. Recently, you told us that the Ignika will devolve Tahu back into his Mata form. Was this intentional, or accidental?

2. According to The Dor, who got the first English copy of Mata Nui's Guide to Bara Magna, Mata Nui has now transferred his spirit from the Ignika to the prototype robot. What will happen to Click now?

1) My telling you, or the Ignika doing that?

2) Click will be left behind, because there's no other alternative.

1. The Ignika.

1a. Is the Ignika also related to the golden armor suit in anyway?

1b. If not, do the GBs?

1) It's 2010 story, you'll find out then

1a) Not directly

1b) Do the GBs what?

1b. Sorry, I meant ARE the GBs? Are they related to the golden armor suit?

1b) Yes

1b. Did they create the suit? If so, when?

I'm not going to go into that kind of detail this early.

I should've known that the GBs have something to do with the Hero Mode suit!

I doubt that's the reason.

Shock or not, the Ignika knows Tahu, and the two were allies in the Karda Nui saga. The Ignika only did that to Icarax because he attacked it.

Remember that he's in his sooper dooper ADAPTIVE ARMOR!â„¢ He could look completely different, and for that matter so could Iggy.

Heck, the Mata thing could be a curse. Maybe Tahu goes to pick up the Ignika and gets Mata-zapped.

If you think Bionicle doesn't end this year... well stop deluding yourself...

That said though, Go! Go! Golden Hero Tahu Mata Great Being Ignika Thingie Attack!

This is going to be on rocking, anime-like conclusion.

If you think Bionicle doesn't end this year... well stop deluding yourself...

That said though, Go! Go! Golden Hero Tahu Mata Great Being Ignika Thingie Attack!

This is going to be on rocking, anime-like conclusion.

Have we actually seen hard proof of the end? It is still possible that the name ' Bionicle ' could live on, just in a different form.

It's likely we will get a replacement line, infact I reckon we will! Front already working on it.

But Bionicle will end. Theirs to much evidence for it, the storys is coming to a close, that site said so. Its all but offically confirmed now.

Well, if it does end, then at least I won't have to worry about the problem of where to keep putting my sets anymore. There's a positive side to it, yes sir.

It's likely we will get a replacement line, infact I reckon we will! Front already working on it.

But Bionicle will end. Theirs to much evidence for it, the storys is coming to a close, that site said so. Its all but offically confirmed now.

Much evidence? Only evidence is what a foreign site says. And when it comes to sites that like, translations can make it sound different and pretty vague. Not officially confirmed until it is -officially- confirmed universally, not what some czech site says.

-Omi