RoodakaHK

Bionicle-2010?

They'll probably just ignore it completely for the sake of keeping things simple. Intentionally or not, Greg's done it before in Reign of Shadows where Vezon speaks fine with Alt Tarduk.

It would be neat if in the comics MU and BM inhabitants have different styles of fonts to distinguish them though. :classic:

For those who want a storyline explanation, we know that Matoran is based on Agoran like a programming language, but it's never been specified how different it is. The way a recipe is written is the programming language for making food, so Matoran doesn't necessarily have to be very different to Agoran at all.

Naw, Australian is a different language entirely. :tongue:

Agori, not Agoran.

And Greg said it's like computer programming language. So basically, when Matoran talk, all Agori can hear are "01110000101000110....." and stuffs like that. But since it hasn't been stated in story, I think Greg changed his mind.

Edited by Phantoka Kopaka Nuva

Agori, not Agoran.

And Greg said it's like computer programming language. So basically, when Matoran talk, all Agori can hear are "01110000101000110....." and stuffs like that. But since it hasn't been stated in story, I think Greg changed his mind.

I don't know if the Agori Language has been named either, but Agoran sounds better than Agori IMO. :sceptic:

That's binary and a more extreme example, but there are plenty of different computer programming languages, some of which are just about normal English. :sceptic:

I don't know if the Agori Language has been named either, but Agoran sounds better than Agori IMO. :sceptic:

That's binary and a more extreme example, but there are plenty of different computer programming languages, some of which are just about normal English. :sceptic:

I remember reading a PM about the Glatorian species' language, and he said they "speak Agori". So yeah, Agori's the right term.

Also, I asked Greg and he said there will be heat vision Rahkshi in 2010 story (with actual power usage). And Takanuva won't be Twilight.

:sceptic:

Currently I find those lists hard to believe, because the first two sets numbers are far away from the other four, and Takanuva is presumably a good guy, and a good guy, so it can't be arranged by good/bad or unique/generic.

Also, the characters listed come from completely different places and all look completely different, so I can't think of a storyline reason for them to all be redesigned into fairly consistent Inika-style builds, yet alone all be relevant to the story being told.

Finally, if Tahu is the only Nuva Canister, how are we going to get all the other 5 Toa Nuva while maintaining the same level of variety between the listed canister sets?

Unfortunately though, I've got a good feeling that it's real, but it also forebodes an end to BIONICLE, or at least all current storyline that's been built up so far.

i think the stars will be extra sets

Currently I find those lists hard to believe, because the first two sets numbers are far away from the other four, and Takanuva is presumably a good guy, and a good guy, so it can't be arranged by good/bad or unique/generic.

Also, the characters listed come from completely different places and all look completely different, so I can't think of a storyline reason for them to all be redesigned into fairly consistent Inika-style builds, yet alone all be relevant to the story being told.

Finally, if Tahu is the only Nuva Canister, how are we going to get all the other 5 Toa Nuva while maintaining the same level of variety between the listed canister sets?

Unfortunately though, I've got a good feeling that it's real, but it also forebodes an end to BIONICLE, or at least all current storyline that's been built up so far.

An end to this story line might be a good thing, it has been dragging, and coming up with more and more bad guys and races, to the point where I have lost track of it, so, I think it should end soon, and we should move to an entirley different set up, with no Mata Nui etc.

I doubt Bionicle will end completely for now though, if it changes the story, it could keep going for a good 5 years more at least, and also, we are getting two more films, one in 2011, so why end it a year before the film is realeased?

Edited by The crazy one

An end to this story line might be a good thing, it has been dragging, and coming up with more and more bad guys and races, to the point where I have lost track of it, so, I think it should end soon, and we should move to an entirley different set up, with no Mata Nui etc.

I doubt Bionicle will end completely for now though, if it changes the story, it could keep going for a good 5 years more at least, and also, we are getting two more films, one in 2011, so why end it a year before the film is realeased?

Bionicle Ends. This is it.

Also for the third film their are two explanations.

Opening film for the Bionicle replacement line.

Its has become 'The LEGO Adventures'.

I hate it when people don't pay attention. :hmpf:

I apologise, I am sorry I didn't spend two hours reading the past 200 posts. I will never fail you again.

Gosh dude, chill man, it was a honest mistake.

Uhm, it said there would be THREE Bionicle films. It said Bionicle. So...

There was a contract though. A legally binding contract.

Although plans can change I doubt they did.

Unless there are two Bionicle movies in a year which I highly doubt.

[-TA-]

the 3 new films thing i think that was announced on 2007. almost 3 years. maybe they changed their..plans. you know...Make Teridax just came from the nowhere this 2010 makes me think that it was actually going to be the 2011 story but they changed it.

I totally don't care that someone didn't feel like reading nearly 1500 posts for that small bit of unconfirmed information. We highly suspect it, yes. But right now all we can say is that the Stars will be coming out next year. They will have storyline roles. Teridax is coming to BM. That's really about it. And it's very likely that the third BIONICLE movie could have been transferred to "The Lego Adventures" within the years since the contract was made.

There was a contract though. A legally binding contract.

Contracts change.

Though I never knew there was a contract in existence.

-Omi

While the press release said three BIONICLE movies were planned, it probably means Tinseltown and LEGO are teaming up for 3 LEGO movies, where the subject is intended to be BIONICLE. If suddenly BIONICLE fails and Power Miner sales soar through the roof, it wouldn't be profitable for either company to stick with the BIONICLE one over a Power Miners feature, so why bind yourselves with a contract?

The 3 movie thing was released before the storyline did it's major shift, so while the original intention probably would've been to half TLR for Mata Nui arriving, BIONICLE 5 for getting to the power source thing and BIONICLE 6 for concluding the story, the storyline no longer accommodates that, so plans for the movies would have changed.

Considering the mix'n'matched cast of the Stars and probably the summer sets too, I think we'll be lucky if there actually is a movie for next year, and Clutch Powers is a completely separate movie agreement..

I may be misreading this topic but when I see people citing things like Clutch Powers or Power Miners being a Bionicle replacement, it sounds like we weren't already aware that Tinseltown were doing other LEGO themed movies alongside its' Bionicle series. I'm sure I've heard people on this site reference that pretty recently but I'll go ahead and just link to this article anyway.

Also, I can't really grasp how the interest of the target audience would shift from Bionicle to other original LEGO themes. Bionicle is Lego's only original theme which is a lot more akin to something like Avatar or Ben10 (the franchises themselves, not the Lego lines). As far as I know, and from my own childhood memory, kids tend to invest themselves a lot more in those more serious types of stories than the ones given to the minifig lines, which have always been a lot more light hearted.

After a bit of half-hearted internet searching, I can't find the article that actually confirms new movies in 2010 and 2011. It certainly isn't a recent one. :sceptic:

Though Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source, last time I looked, it said it on there.

EDIT: And now it's gone, the plot deepens. *oh2*

Edited by The crazy one

Though Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source, last time I looked, it said it on there.

EDIT: And now it's gone, the plot deepens. *oh2*

It's Wikipedia, aka the anyone-can-edit-anywhere-pedia. If it's gone, then it's no surprise.

It's Wikipedia, aka the anyone-can-edit-anywhere-pedia. If it's gone, then it's no surprise.

I know, i dont trust wiki on smaller topics like this.

Wikipedia is never trustworthy without a source, but the odd thing is that even BS01 doesn't have a source, they just say there are two movies planned for 2010 and 2011. :sceptic:

Source

-Omi

Thanks for fishing that up. :thumbup:

(Their link is outdated, but the file can still be reached from here.)

Unfortunately, it's only one side-statement from 2007/early 2008, so plans can change. And the wording of the statement doesn't suggest that the contract will definitely produce 3 BIONICLE films, because we know that the contract wasn't specifically for BIONICLE.

And the wording of the statement doesn't suggest that the contract will definitely produce 3 BIONICLE films, because we know that the contract wasn't specifically for BIONICLE.

How dunno how this can't be specific enough:

"So far, three films about the BIONICLE figures have been produced."

-Omi