Sign in to follow this  
Luke McAwesome

Glitches in the Summer banner?

It appears that there are a few wacky things wth the Summer banner.

1. When I came online right now I noticed that the banner had Fabuland monkies and such holding umbrellas having fun in the sun for about half a second until it switched to the normal one.

2. There's seems to be an add-on to the banner, where the blue rock monster and water-skiing troll are at. The link to the Frontpage or Forum stops right after SpongeBob.

Is 1 just an early version of the banner? And is there a reason for 2?

And one last question, has this sort of thing happened to any other banner?

Thanks,

-Striker

Do you mean this?

tile_back0903.jpg

If so, that's the background to the banner. The banner itself is just this;

fp_banner0903.jpg

It's done this way so for most screen widths a full banner is shown. Why you saw one then the other is probably just because there was a delay from your end in loading. Unless I'm reading you wrong, this is not a glitch.

It appears that there are a few wacky things wth the Summer banner.

1. When I came online right now I noticed that the banner had Fabuland monkies and such holding umbrellas having fun in the sun for about half a second until it switched to the normal one.

2. There's seems to be an add-on to the banner, where the blue rock monster and water-skiing troll are at. The link to the Frontpage or Forum stops right after SpongeBob.

What you're seeing is the repeating background under the banner. If you rightclick the troll and 'view background image', you can see the whole thing. It's there for people who use really wide desktop sizes.

Edit: I see a certain walrus is being sneaky and editing to fix the fact that I posted between his posts as he was trying to reply to himself. :grin:

Do you mean this?

tile_back0903.jpg

If so, that's the background to the banner. The banner itself is just this;

fp_banner0903.jpg

It's done this way so for most screen widths a full banner is shown. Why you say one then the other is probably just because there was a delay in from your end loading. Unless I'm reading you wrong, this is not a glitch.

That's exactly what I mean!

Thanks, Siegfried and IS! :classic:

This can be closed now, if you want.

Edit: I see a certain walrus is being sneaky and editing to fix the fact that I posted between his posts as he was trying to reply to himself. :grin:

Never! :tongue:

That's exactly what I mean!

That's good. We won't tell Hinckley that you accused his skin of being glitched. :wink:

That's good. We won't tell Hinckley that you accused his skin of being glitched. :wink:

That depends, would he give me a motor oil wedgie? :look:

:laugh:

EDIT: By the way, nice new avatar, Siegfried, you artistic genius, you. :grin:

Edited by Striker™