DarthSion

A wise guy hay, nay nay

It seems once again hollywood is looking back to the past for movies, this time they are remaking the famed 3 stooges.

I can hear your groans already, but wait there's more, if you can believe it here is the cast.

In a mind boggling move, Sean Penn is going to be Larry, rubber face comedic legend Jim Carrey will be Curly, and Benicio Del Toro is possibly going to play Moe.

http://au.movies.ign.com/articles/966/966203p1.html

I am a fan of Penn, his old stuff, like the thing red line, colors, but he isn't someone you think of as playing a funny role.

Carrey i am also a big fan of, i could see him in the part.

And again Del Toro, I'm wondering what they are thinking, but then i have only seen him as Franky 4 fingers in Snatch.

Heard about this today too. I dunno. I never really watched the orginal,so i guess it wouldn't be fair to critize. I'll have to wait till we start seeing some material to see if it truely will be able to live up to the original.

It was average at best. But, hearing about Jim Carrey is a little surprising (with the "old" news) but I think he would be better as "Shemp" if he would ever play a stooge.