Ras_Al_Ghul

Supersized Duplo

Here's my latest project - 2:1 scale duplo vehicles. Normally I'm a TECHNIC guy, but I was playing with my little brothers a few days ago and had this idea. I looked it up on BS and Flickr and couldn't find anything similar, so I figured I'd try it.

duplo_truck.jpg

This was the first one I built. The one thing it needs is either some SNOT or a decal with the 'ZOO' thing on the side.

duplo_2-seat.jpg

This is just a variation on the truck and the chassis is identical. The only problem I saw on all of these is that LEGO doesn't make any parts that would work very good for the hollow Duplo studs, this was the closest I could get.

duplo_trailer.jpg

Well, most of this turned out pretty good. Except for the hitch. I'll say it myself: that thing is hideous! :cry_sad: I wanted to make some sort of thing that would hook onto the hitches on the cars and this was the best I could do.

Overall I'm pretty happy with these MOCs. If anyone has a better idea for the hitch reciever, let me know!

Thanks for looking, and May the Force be with you.

I dont quite understand, so you made duplo cars out of system? if that is what is meant to be done, good job :thumbup:

That's quite the reproduction. I actually still have one of those. :grin:

Seems like you could fit the zoo sign with some clever SNOT.

As for the trailer hitch, you could replace the technic bricks with these to get rid of the grey pins. Other than that, I can't really think of a more elegant solution.

Ah, very nice. I have all three of these (except the trailer is yellow in my collection). Yes, I was never able to throw my Duplo out or give it away. It's just too...LEGO-ey. This is certainly a nice idea, and I think you have executed it very well. Thank you for sharing matey! :classic:

Thanks for the responses guys! I meant to use those parts in the LDraw model, but I don't have them in the real one I built before putting it into LDraw, and I just forgot to fix it. The only thing with using SNOT is that I'm not very good at it and the walls at that point are only one stud thick. :hmpf_bad: I actually have a few of these because a) I played with them when I was little, and b) I have 5 little brothers that still do play with them :tongue:

I have all of these duplo vehicles and i loved playing with them when i was really little .actually today im planning on putting my duplo under my house in the crawlspace , the bin of it is getter rather annying and i need more space for system pieces :classic: .

These really are quite creative and very acurate , with a bit of snot these could look even better.

keep up the good work :thumbup: