KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

Venator-Class Republic Attack Cruiser Item ¹: 8039 Pieces: 1,169 Minifigures: Palpatine, Senate Commando (Two), Clone Trooper (Two) †^ Price: AU $230 (approx US $115) Released: August 2009 Theme: Star Wars, The Clone Wars
Sounds perfect to me! And if there are that many pieces in the Venator, it'll make up for the slightly off design! This Venator is turning out to be heaven!!!!! :thumbup::tongue:

I'm about 100% positive that it meant to say the set number was 8039, and there are 1169 pieces, not figures! :laugh: I sure hope you didn't think that was right!

I think the Seperatists Shuttle will be $40-30. In the newest Clone wars

episode Anakin and Obi-wan hop in one so you might only get

Anakin and Obi-wan It might be a pretty cool build though!

We have a rumoured but not confirmed list of 3 battle droids, Nute Gunray and Onoconda Farr.

I'm about 100% positive that it meant to say the set number was 8039, and there are 1169 pieces, not figures! I sure hope you didn't think that was right!

It means Venator-class Republic Attack Cruiser 8039

Pieces: 1169

Minfigs: etc.

We have a rumoured but not confirmed list of 3 battle droids, Nute Gunray and Onoconda Farr.

It means Venator-class Republic Attack Cruiser 8039

Pieces: 1169

Minfigs: etc.

Yup, I have no idea what made lego feel impelled to make Onocadda Farr, but I love the idea! :wub: And if the Sep. Shuttle doesn't have Nute Gunray in the end, I will tear my hair out! As well, the whole pieces/price thing ith the Venator sounds about right.

lego SW prices are 2:1 AUD:USD for the smaller sets. for larger sets the ratio is much lower. eg, the motorized AT-AT was 250:130, but the RGS was 180:120 and RAS was 100:60.

it's kinda hard to guess the prices when you have such a large range of possible prices. taking into account the euro prices (currently assumed to be EUR180)and following recent trend, i would think A$230 would be closer to US$130 or US$150. i would have guess US$150 but saw more ppl hinting at US$130. perhaps they saw the retailer's catalog? :classic:

I really think it's Loathsom in the Sep. Shuttle. What did Farr ever do to get invited to Gunray's personal shuttle? He doesn't even play much of a role. He's a senator, sheesh, whilst Loathsom is a general. I would like a new mould for him rather than another Greedo one. If either one is included, Lego may have a mould for the Gunray head just to fit in with the other. This may also mean that Loathsom will have a role in the upcoming episodes.

I really think it's Loathsom in the Sep. Shuttle. What did Farr ever do to get invited to Gunray's personal shuttle? He doesn't even play much of a role. He's a senator, sheesh, whilst Loathsom is a general. I would like a new mould for him rather than another Greedo one. If either one is included, Lego may have a mould for the Gunray head just to fit in with the other. This may also mean that Loathsom will have a role in the upcoming episodes.

First off, Loathsome is dead. He also was was known for about 5 minutes before he died, unlike Farrwho's been known about for longer. And possible Loathsome is more important, but they won't make anything of a dead man, plus if it's going to have a Greedo head, Whorm Loathsome is the farthest thing from a Rodian, In fact, so few people even know who Loathsome is!

Now that news are amazing :cry_happy:, thanks a lot ForceMaster. The Hoth set sounds almost perfect but I just wish that they include something more "special" like a rebel commander (After all it couldn´t be so hard, the TLC just need to give the commander a senior face and maybe a little special mark in the clothes :classic: ). The Endor set sounds brilliant, maybe one of the best sets in the whole LSW history. Perfect minifig selection, sounds like the bunker will be well made, a new smaller AT-ST, sppeder bikes, catapult and some foliage :cry_happy: . The Sep. Shuttle sounds like another amazing set. I wish they do Nute Gunray to look the same as a normal one and maybe we get Loathsome which could be amazing too :cry_happy: . The Y-wing sounds the worst (But sounds great as a set alone) mainly cause the poor minifig selection, why we get another Ahsoka, Anakin and R2 :hmpf_bad: ? Bad move TLC. Also ForceMaster, do Nute Gunray look both like a normal and CW styled minifig or looks just like a CW one? If the question sounds strange here are some examples: Plo Koon looks like both styles and Ahsoka looks like CW style.

Edited by darkrebellion

First off, Loathsome is dead. He also was was known for about 5 minutes before he died, unlike Farrwho's been known about for longer. And possible Loathsome is more important, but they won't make anything of a dead man, plus if it's going to have a Greedo head, Whorm Loathsome is the farthest thing from a Rodian, In fact, so few people even know who Loathsome is!

Whorm is not dead. If he did, how? I certainly don't recall his death. Look it up on Wookieepedia too. His death is not mentioned. And of course, these sets are based off of future episodes, in which he may be featured. And I was talking about getting a new head for him, not using a Greedo head.

Whorm is not dead. If he did, how? I certainly don't recall his death. Look it up on Wookieepedia too. His death is not mentioned. And of course, these sets are based off of future episodes, in which he may be featured. And I was talking about getting a new head for him, not using a Greedo head.

Odd... I could've sworn Obi Wan cut off his head... and that article used to say it too! Well, you're right... but I still don't think he's going to do much after the battle of Cristophsis, and he may have even been fired considering the Republic whooped his ugly butt.

Edited by Darth Legolas

I think the Seperatists Shuttle will be $40-30. In the newest Clone wars

episode Anakin and Obi-wan hop in one so you might only get

Anakin and Obi-wan :hmpf_bad: It might be a pretty cool build though!

it would be great because its finally another set with obi in it

it would be great because its finally another set with obi in it

I don't think Obi, Plo-Koon, or Kit Fisto are going to be released this year or next year. I wonder if the rumored pirate tank will included new molded pirate heads or they may just end up like the Tusken Raiders :thumbdown:

Edited by ROCON

The Y-wing sounds the worst (But sounds great as a set alone) mainly cause the poor minifig selection, why we get another Ahsoka, Anakin and R2 :hmpf_bad: ? Bad move TLC.
Well maybe because Anakin is driving, Ashoka is blasting & R2-D2 is making the coffee :hmpf:?

img20.jpg

I guess TLG tries to follow the plot of a story.

CopMike

Well maybe because Anakin is driving, Ashoka is blasting & R2-D2 is making the coffee :hmpf:?

img20.jpg

I guess TLG tries to follow the plot of a story.

CopMike

Well I think they should include the clone pilots from the episode (Not the one that comes with the V-19). That ones with the grey, black and red clothes :cry_happy: , that could be some really awesome minifigs :laugh: .

Well I think they should include the clone pilots from the episode (Not the one that comes with the V-19). That ones with the grey, black and red clothes :cry_happy: , that could be some really awesome minifigs :laugh: .

Matchstick2.jpg

WA-ZAAM! Sorry, only 2 Pilots had these, the rest of Gold Squadron wore normal Pilot helmets. But I was already doubting we'd get them. I always had a feeling it'd be those three.

Matchstick2.jpg

WA-ZAAM! Sorry, only 2 Pilots had these, the rest of Gold Squadron wore normal Pilot helmets. But I was already doubting we'd get them. I always had a feeling it'd be those three.

Yeah, there would also be no point to make Matchstick and Broadside (sorry fan of CW :tongue:) because both die. Also, is Artoo in the new Y-wing going to be 10188 style or classic? :vader:

Thanks very much for the news, ForceMaster! :sweet:

ADHO15

Yes, I saw a Hoth Base, but didn't see Pirate Tank (because it's Limited Edition?) . It's brilliant set! Anniversary box. Include big tower-turrel with wires and a trench.2 mini-figures hoth rebels, one hoth stormtrooper with minigun and one without. And, of course, Han Solo on a tauntaun :

Great snow-troopers batlle-pack. 155 pieces.

Again, just what I expected. Sounds like an excellent set to me, and the Hoth Rebels and Snowtroopers are always wanted. We probably won't get Hoth BPs because of this, but this is much better. :wub: A super-battle pack, like KimT said. My chances don't seem too good on the "who's-right-about-the-Taun-Taun" thing, though. :sceptic::tongue:

1. 8036 : Separatist Shuttle - good figures, but a Shuttle whery small, as new Venator.

Hmm, this must be the mid-scale that we've been speculating about. :sceptic: I think that the Venator is mid-scale, and that doesn't look too good. But, the mid-scale TIE Advanced (in Death Star play set) looked fine... hopefully this will too.

2. 8038 : The Battle of Endor - MUST HAVE SET FOR EVERY SW FAN! 12 figures - Han (as in 10188), new Leia, R2-D2 (as in 10188), Death Star trooper, Chewbacca, 2 new forest rebels, 2 imperial scouts and 3 great ewoks! Large bunker, small trees, catapult, two speeders, ewok's glaider and good AT-ST (as pedro's MOC, but Technic legs). 890 pieces.

Now this sounds amazing! :sweet: This is everything that we've asked for in an Endor bunker set, and the minifigs sound great, too. I'll definitely be picking this up.

3. 8037 : Anakin's Y-wing Starfighter - in this set mixed 10134 and 7658, with the impregnation of the yellow. More then 7658. 3 figures - Ani, Ashoka and R2-D2.

I'm not really interested in this one. If it costs the rumored 50 USD, I'll pass. We've gotten all three figs before- many times. :hmpf: I know, I know, TLG wants it to be Anakin's Y-Wing, and it's for the kids to play with the main characters, but I would much rather have a single clone pilot, like in the V-19. I think I'll pass on this one too, depending on how good it looks.

Nute Gunray, three battle droids and character-who-seat-in-AAT (in prelim. version looks like Gammorean).

Soundsgood, I'll be glad to finally get a Nute Gunray figure. :thumbup: Chances are, Gunray will look the same as a minifigure in both CW and PT, since he's an alien (like the Plo Koon fig).

In Tank Droid we can see two battle-droids and ywo clones on a jet-packs

Also sounds good, I wonder what the Jet troopers will look like...

TD smaller than it's version in the Wookie Attack. I agree with The Penquin.

Another mid-scale set?

All in all, I think that 2009 is going to be a good year, after all. To be honest, I thought that this year would suck, but I guess not. The Hoth base and Endor bunker both sound spectacular, and so do a couple of the CW ones. I'm still unsure about the mid-scale, though.

Edited by JimButcher

Yeah, there would also be no point to make Matchstick and Broadside (sorry fan of CW :tongue:) because both die. Also, is Artoo in the new Y-wing going to be 10188 style or classic? :vader:

I have noe idea. I'm wondering that myself. R7-A7 was death star style, so possibly! Though I actually prefer the original, despite the new one is mroe accurate. That's just for R2D2 though. R2-Q5 looks waaay better death star style!

@JimButcher: Why are you calling the Separatist Shuttle midscale? A thirty dollar set sounds full scale to me, 2 figs and 3 battle droids. If you are still thinking it's the H-craft, well... then $30 would be more like 1/44 scale! It's the Neimidodian Shuttle, full size!

Edited by Darth Legolas

I think it'll be the new type for R2 and all R2 astromechs, since it would be consistent and lego so proudly dispalys it as its link at S@H.

Anyone is wondering what are going to be the UCS sets and the Anniversary set (Remember the question where the TLC is asking to us of what we want as the Anniversary set expected to be released in October 2009? :classic: ) of this year?

Edited by darkrebellion

I noticed you were discussing at times the picture of Han on a Taun taun and whether it was real, i believe it is and was wondering if you had seen this picture from a Lego diorama of a Taun taun which looks like to be the same as the han picture.

sw_taun-taun_2009.jpg

The Taun-taun in that picture is NOT official. It is a custom made by a person named Christo on Ebay. The auctions for those usually reached up to $60 or more.

The droid is obviously a custom as well. The arms aren't even the same, and it has C-3PO for a head.

Thank you for clearingit up, i did originally think when i saw the pictures a few weeks ago that it was a modded Lego Dragon. But you have to admit the head is surprisngly similar to the Taun taun in the Han picture.