Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Kirk

What is the difference?

I always thought that the Imperial Guards were the Red-coats and the Imperial Soldiers were the Blue-coats.

But when I surfed om Lugnet I saw this isn't correct... or Lugnet is not correct... :pir-laugh:

You can see on this site the Blue and Red are mixed.

Link: Imperial Guards

-> set Broadside's Brig (#6259 - Blue-coats) and set Imperial Outpost (#6263 - Red-coats)

Link: Imperial Soldiers

-> only sets of Blue-coats (Harbor Sentry, Sabre Island, Eldorado Fortress, Caribbean Clipper)

The mainly reason why I thought this was by means of the ships.

Link: Caribbean Clipper - Blue-coats

Link: Imperial Flagship - Red-coats

So what's the true story about this ? Does anybody know this ?

Thanks for a reply and help.

Edited by Capt. Kirk

The reason why Lagoon lock up is in the redcoats is because Lagoon lock up came in 1992, exactly when the red coats

first came out. And when the bluecoats were gone.

Hope this helped, :pir-classic:

If it's cataloged by year of release... still it's strange. Because Caribbean Clipper, Eldorado Fortress was released 1998 / Harbor Sentry, Sabre Island was released 1990. If we follow the timeline we come to 1991 and in this year Broadside's Brig & Lagoon Lock-up came out (not 1992 like you noticed and we may believe Lugnet). All 6 sets are Bluecoats.

In other words for me it would be normal if Broadside's Brig & Lagoon Lock-up also would be cataloged/ fall under Imperial Soldiers (as we follow the timeline). Since the first Redcoats only appeared in 1992 with Bounty Boat, Imperial Flagship and Imperial Trading Post. You understand what I want to say because after 1991 no bluecoat set will be released.

But now Lagoon Lock-up and Broadside's Brig are under Imperial Guards aka Redcoats. If we use the ships as a reference to distinguish which is red (Imperial Guards) and blue (Imperial Soldiers).

Timeline:

Caribbean Clipper, Eldorado Fortress

Harbor Sentry, Sabre Island

Broadside's Brig, Lagoon Lock-up

Bounty Boat, Imperial Flagship, Imperial Trading Post

Cannon Cove

'Imperial Cannon', 'Imperial Guard Camp',

Imperial Outpost

Edited by Capt. Kirk