Sign in to follow this  
SWMAN

Lord of the Rings: Conquest

So, I just bought this game today at Target, and I can honestly say it is really fun. It was just released today, so if you have an old PC, it might not work. Mine is about 3-4 years old, and the game works great on medium settings for graphics. The game is made by Pandemics, the same group that made Battlefront. The gameplay is very similar in the sense that there are different classes and you spawn at reinforcement points. But, unlike BF, you do not need ammo, even if you play as an archer. You can also play as a Warrior, Scout, and Mage. You can also play at heroes in certain parts of each level. One nice feature is that each mission features certain objectives, as opposed to BF where you just went around killing people until the time was up. The good campaign pretty much follows the movies accept for two or three missions. The evil campaign however starts off with Frodo dying, and goes from there in a type of "what-if" story. I have only made it through half of the good campaign, but all in all it is a great game.

I've been wanting it for a while, now... glad to hear a good review from somebody, a lot of reviewers don't seem to like it to much :hmpf_bad:

Still want it anyway, especially with Faramir in it :tongue: Is he any good?

I've been wanting it for a while, now... glad to hear a good review from somebody, a lot of reviewers don't seem to like it to much :hmpf_bad:

Still want it anyway, especially with Faramir in it :tongue: Is he any good?

Yes. I just finished the Osgiliath level, and you get to play as him. All of the heroes are more powerful than regular soldiers. But, you cannot pick to play them any time. You get an option, and once you die as them, you cannot use them again.

Yes. I just finished the Osgiliath level, and you get to play as him. All of the heroes are more powerful than regular soldiers. But, you cannot pick to play them any time. You get an option, and once you die as them, you cannot use them again.

What is he, warrior? archer? scout? He can't be a mage hero can he?

I've been playing the demo a lot, and hopefully I'll be getting it for my birthday soon. Those scouts in online multiplayer sure are aggravating.

What is he, warrior? archer? scout? He can't be a mage hero can he?

I've been playing the demo a lot, and hopefully I'll be getting it for my birthday soon. Those scouts in online multiplayer sure are aggravating.

He is a warrior. Yeah, the scouts are a nice, but I prefer the archer's and warriors. You can shoot while you move, which is nice.

I think that this is a great game regardless of what some of the reviews on gamefaqs and other places say. I find it funny that they all have an exact opposite.

I personally don't have the game, but played it at a friends house and will get it soon, but the gameplay is great. First saw this game on E3 during the summer(or fall, or whatever), and thought that it looked great. It plays like Battlefront just like they said, and that was one of my all time favorite games.

So regardless of what the fools on GameFAQs say, buy the game, you will :yoda:

I actually have a entirely different opinion of the game than both of you. :tongue: I would side with the other reviewers and say that the game is not worth the money.

I finished the entire good and evil mission sets in one saturday afternoon, on co-op mode. Most of the levels of take ~15 minutes.

The game play was completely unbalanced with archers completely dominating the battlefield. The graphics are similarly unimpressive, with low resolution textures and such it just does not look that pretty.

The game is fun for a while but very repetitive, you will find yourself having a lot of fun sometimes and other times wondering how they could make a game so shallow.

I recommend playing it but not buying it.

!Sorry I did not realized that was not allowed, just trying to help out people save money.!

Edited by Sycaris

Hmm I'm not so sure if that's allowed...plus I loathe using the keyboard for gaming really...

Can an Admin please get rid of this post. I don't think we should be promoting illegal downloads on Eurobricks.

Edited by KimT

Sycaris, you pretty much just desgribed Battlefront, which was made by the same people, Pandeic, and supposed to play the same. The Snipers in that dominated the feild, and they are the equivelant to Archers. It is supposed to be a bunch of battles played out in many ways, so it will be repetitive.

!Sorry I did not realized that was not allowed, just trying to help out people save money.!

Sorry, you didn't realize what?

- that software piracy is illegal?

- that we don't allow it here?

Yes, I realize piracy is illegal however I did not see a rule against posting links to it, I figured that most people would simply read past it if they did not approve.

In the future I will use more caution when posting touchy subjects, as I said before I was just trying to be helpful not offend anyone.

Yes, I realize piracy is illegal however I did not see a rule against posting links to it, I figured that most people would simply read past it if they did not approve.

In the future I will use more caution when posting touchy subjects, as I said before I was just trying to be helpful not offend anyone.

It isn't a great idea to post illegal stuff anywhere. I wouldn't think you would need to read a rule about it.