Sign in to follow this  
eti

How to bookmark 'Todays active topics'?

Almost the only way I ever use the forums is through the 'Today's active topics' link on the front page (the link is oddly missing from the forums themselves, by the way). There are so many branches and I have no special interest in any, I just want to read the interesting (to me) topics from all branches.

So I bookmarked the link a few days ago but there's something weird there. It appears to change every day. Today it's www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?act=Search

&nav=at

&CODE=show

&searchid=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

&search_in=topics&result_type=topics

&lastdate=0

The one in my bookmarks is similar, except the line with the long code is different:

&searchid=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I can't make much sense of that - leaving that line OUT doesn't work either. Does anybody know how I can make a static link to the active topics page? Thanks!

Edited by Sinner
Deleted searchIDs

The problem you are having is because you're trying to use the resultant link, not the starting link. The resultant link contains a SearchID that is connected to your account. You must be careful when posting these as people can use those to view any extra forums you may have access to... (Thus I deleted yours. :wink: ) These seachIDs expire after a while, thus your problem. Anyway, here's the link you want...

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=getactive

...which is this.

Oh, I had no idea.... well, there are no extra forums I have access to that I know of, but thanks for the warning. The thing is ,I wouldn't know because that code was just a random bunch of characters....

I'll bookmark the link you gave me. Can that link be found anywhere on the site too?

Can that link be found anywhere on the site too?

Just the front page. When I first came here I found it odd too. I might look into adding a link to it under the banner. :wink:

Oh wait, now I see. the 'getactive' one is the page the link is linked to, but what I bookmarked instead was the personalized page that I was redirected to...