daoudbazaar

Review : 7683 - Fight on the Flying Wing

I got the wrong head with my Flying Wing... The mechanic came with gray hair :hmpf_bad:

Mine too... a common problem I think.

As for the set itself - I was looking forward to it, liked the look of it, didn't even mind the giant wing piece :tongue:

However - the application of the stickers on the wing really destroyed a lot of the enjoyment of building this set. With the isometric viewpoint provided in the instructions and the lack of studs on the wing piece to act as a measuring guide, it's almost impossible to apply them with any sort of accuracy. The box art doesn't help, again due to the angle of photography and the way other pieces overlap. I found it incredibly frustrating. I don't normally mind stickers (I don't like them, but accept them as a fact of life) but these were by far the worst I've come across in a Lego set. What's the point of having a nice set if there's no clear way to add the necessary detail? Even an overhead diagram of all of them applied would have helped enormously. Bizarrely, the stickers on the sheet are numbered like the Exo-Force ones but no such numbers are in the instructions.

As I say, I am not anti-sticker by any means but these were horrendous and negatively affected my appreciation of the set.

I got the wrong head with my Flying Wing... The mechanic came with gray hair :hmpf_bad:

I picked it up at Target.

Mine too... a common problem I think.

As for the set itself - I was looking forward to it, liked the look of it, didn't even mind the giant wing piece :tongue:

However - the application of the stickers on the wing really destroyed a lot of the enjoyment of building this set.

wow...that's great. i just love screw ups. email customer service to get the right head and you get to keep the wrong head as spare. :thumbup:

i think the plane looks good without the stickers. i won't be applying mine when i eventually get this set.

I got this set this evening, for Christmas, and there is a strange thing about it. I read somewhere, that the mechanic guy has a grey painting on its face in a few sets. My mechanic's moustache is brown, but my Marion has the new face, same appeared in the Ambush in Cairo set. It's not a problem for me, because I much more like the new Marion head, but I think it's strange, how could lego make the same sets, with little diffrences in some package.

Edited by Nute Gunray

Got got this set last year and mine came with the correct head. Even if it didn't, i don't see the big fuss over a color. :sceptic: