Sign in to follow this  
furious

Good stores for LEGO in Australia

Is it in Sydney?

I bought something form S@H on Tuesday last week and it still is not here. Usually it is no more than 3 days from were I live for mail to get from Sydney.

I wanted it built as I have assessment due over the next 3 weeks. If it arrives next week I will not be able to build it.

NOTE: Was "Lego Warehouse in Australia?" -Sinner

Edited by Sinner

I think there is a LEGO wharehouse in Victoria... but it seems to only be for retailers. S@H sends Australian orders via Europe; I believe Berkshire Great Britain (UK). Orders tend to take around 3 weeks to arrive here. :sceptic:

What shipping do you get?

last time I buy from S@H then.

I rarely buy from S@H, partially for this reason. Several times somthing has gone on sale while I am waiting for it to arrive. I only buy there if they sets are half price or exclusive. My last two orders were the Green Grocer and the Death Star... both at the earlier price. :wink:

Are there any other lego shops online in Australia. I found Bricks to the World this afternoon. Anything else?

I don't know any...

bricknet.com.au - have limited stock but free shipping on orders over $150. SAH prices or less too which is good.

iqtoys.com.au - again limited stock but shipping over $150 is free. Slightly inflated prices which sucks.

toycorner.com.au - for those that live in Adelaide. Prices are high but they have a HUGE range of MISB retired sets. $300 for cloud city? not bad value actually..

toottoottoys.com.au - extremely limited range. They allow pickup in Melbourne which is handy for me.

These are off the top of my head, if anyone else knows others please share, i'm always on the look out for extra Lego sources.

The more different sources you have the more likelyhood you'll find something on sale!!

These are off the top of my head, if anyone else knows others please share, i'm always on the look out for extra Lego sources.

The more different sources you have the more likelyhood you'll find something on sale!!

Thanks! I haven't even heard of any of those!

I love this picture at toycorner.com.au.

about_us_pic.jpg

Look at all those 4482 AT-TEs! (Their current price is $699.99 so that must be an old photo... :sceptic: ) I wish I had a store that good in my area.

Thanks! I haven't even heard of any of those!

I love this picture at toycorner.com.au.

about_us_pic.jpg

Look at all those 4482 AT-TEs! (Their current price is $699.99 so that must be an old photo... :sceptic: ) I wish I had a store that good in my area.

Yes it is old i am lucky enough to live near there!

I think there is a LEGO wharehouse in Victoria... but it seems to only be for retailers. S@H sends Australian orders via Europe; I believe Berkshire Great Britain (UK). Orders tend to take around 3 weeks to arrive here. :sceptic:

What shipping do you get?

There is also a smaller sister one in Brisbane. I shall go there and mayby take pics next time I go there. (to brisbane that is)

I would say toycorner is reliable, but not sure what you really mean?

I've never ordered anything from them online but i bought the Star Wars Landspeeder and Imperial Inspection sets from the store and they were both perfect.

I was really blown off my feet first time i went in there, its a Lego goldmine!! Make sure you take plenty of cash though!!

I live not far from toy corner and have had absolutely brilliant service all the time. Darren, the store's owner also has a shop on bricklink (a few sets and lots of parts) and he's always combined shop and online orders for me. The quality has always been excellent and the service extremely efficient.

Also search www.bricklink.com for other Aus shops. Brett from maxspace is great too.

I would say toycorner is reliable, but not sure what you really mean?

I've never ordered anything from them online but i bought the Star Wars Landspeeder and Imperial Inspection sets from the store and they were both perfect.

I was really blown off my feet first time i went in there, its a Lego goldmine!! Make sure you take plenty of cash though!!

I meant reliable as in if you order from toycorner.com.au, does the correct order arrive quickly with none of the set boxes open or damaged?

Toy Corner is a good store I just went there but the pricing is mad! Go to mini figures look under Star Wars and look for the original princess Leia you'll be surprised.

I am lucky enough to live in Adelaide, perhaps we could use this as a topic to share all our Lego contacts?

I will start the sharing,

As I live in the South, I am not near this wonderful shop in the photo posted above. I am planning a trip up there soon.

(for those that know Adelaide, I live near Marion, the shop is near tea tree plaza :hmpf_bad: )

Any way back on topic.

There is a guy called Greg H, he has a store on Goodwood road, just south of the show grounds, Galaxy Collectables or something like it. Just say the guy who brought him tissues sent you :tongue:

At the port markets there is a stall, a Lego stall, h has a online store, you can buy and then pick up on the Sunday, no postage!

That so far are my best to finds, however the gu under the kiln at the brick works market can be good for a deal.

Regards, Cpt. PB

I am lucky enough to live in Adelaide, perhaps we could use this as a topic to share all our Lego contacts?

Yes. I had the same thought... then I forgot to do it! But now it's done!

I also went down to Galaxy Toys quite a few times when i lived in Adelaide. They were great for their huge variety of vintage sets, however quite often the older sets weren't in perfect condition and were without boxes.

I do credit them with probably my best lego deal ever. I traded in a bunch of old crap and he gave me a 100% complete 8880 Supercar for $50!!

Unfortunately i sold it when i had to move to Melbourne but i got $260 on ebay:)

well after the long wait, my package arrived today. I got the 8294 evacuator and the 8275 bulldozer.

:thumbup:

I have, and love the Bulldozer, but I have yet to buy the excavator. (I bought the Off Roader instead. :tongue: ) I look forward to hearing what you think of it.