Sign in to follow this  
Freddie

Lego does the business as weather dampens sales

A bit of good news for all of you who like to keep an eye on LEGO's financial status and not just their products. :)

Fortunately not all categories experienced a tough June. Building Sets saw once more a double digit increase thanks to continued strong performance from Lego (City, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Bionicle, etc). Furthermore, Plush was having a blast with In the Night Garden, Winnie the Pooh, Littlest Pet Shop and Peppa Pig amongst others.

Full story here.

What's so extraordinary about the story is that LEGO is pretty much the only toy company seeing their sales increasing. Sure, the weather has been in favor of the indoor toys, but even then LEGO is climbing while other companies are losing their grip on the market.

Edited by Freddie

A bit of good news for all of you who like to keep an eye on LEGO's financial status and not just their products. :)

Thanks for posting this. It's really great to see that TYG's restructuring and returning to it's roots is continuing to pay off.

Go LEGO Group!

I know I have no real point of view on this, but to me, by watching commercials, every toy except for Lego is lame. Not that I buy "toys" besides Lego of course, but the ideas are getting lamer and lamer. But Lego keeps it fresh, and licensed themes help a lot! :sweet: And I bet that guy with the cool voice on the Lego set commercials is helping too! :tongue: Hopefully with this financial increase, TLG will have more money to produce more pieces, sets, and molds. :thumbup:

I know I have no real point of view on this, but to me, by watching commercials, every toy except for Lego is lame.

I feel the same way. With the exception of some star wars, the return of 80's/90's style GI JOE, and the more realistic modern military 3.25 inch military action figures (I wish those were around when I was a kid) and vehicles that are presently produced under several brands, I don't see much in most toy lines out there.

Much to my wife's relief LEGO is the only toy line I currently purchase.

Edited by Eilif

Go LEGO!

I'm really excited that they are doing well. But it's no surprise. They're one of the few truly high quality toys left.

Go LEGO!

I'm really excited that they are doing well. But it's no surprise. They're one of the few truly high quality toys left.

I would have to agree with you on that one. :thumbup: