16 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below average
    • Average
    • Above average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

I had the whole day today, so I decided to make some reviews. Next on my list is Jaller Mahri. By far the best of the Mahri, he is an outstanding toa of fire. Read on and you will see why.

Set name: Toa Jaller Mahri

Number: 8911

Pieces: 68

Year Released:

Theme: Bionicle

Team: Toa Mahri

Colors: Dark red, orange, silver, mata red, black, mata blue, dark gray, trans-lime, trans-blue.

Other Mahri Reviews: Kongu Mahri

Price: 9.99 USD 12,95 EUR

1/Box

sscn1112.jpg

sscn1113.jpg

Now I pretty much covered the boxes in my Kongu Mahri Review, which you can in the set info at the top of this page. But anyway, here are his box pics. The only differences are that it is for Jaller, not Kongu.(duh).

2/Contents

sscn1114.jpg

Look at all of that! Beautuful instructions, shiny parts, and a bag full of fun.

Instructions:

sscn1115.jpg

I simply cannot bend these things to their original form. Anywho, they are crisp and clear. :thumbup:

Random Manual Image:

sscn1116.jpg

New/interesting Parts:

sscn1117.jpg

We have quite a bit of new parts here. Also pictured are some interesting parts like the system chain. I will let you look at those awesome pieces. And I love that orange. :wub:

3/Build

Torso:

sscn1117.jpg

The torso sports some nice new armor. It really works well on the Inika torso.

Legs:

sscn1119.jpg

sscn1120.jpg

The legs on Jaller are very similar to the ones on Jaller Inika. In fact, the only difference is the color of the joints. But, they look fine and are surprisingly fluid with Jaller Mahri.

Arms:

sscn1121.jpg

The arms. Nothing new here. They are okay, but something new would have helped. .20 point deduction from parts.

Finished Jaller:

sscn1122.jpg

Back:

sscn1123.jpg

Jaller is a very nice finished toa. The mata red on his cordak blaster seems a bit strange however. The mask and tube connection? A 1 point addition. :thumbup: Simply beautiful.

But wait! There's a Hannah Crab!

sscn1124.jpg

The crab uses a clever little design. The blaster makes him a little tipsy topsy though. :sceptic:

The finished set:

sscn1125.jpg

------------------------

Parts: 9.8/10 (lots of new and interesting parts.)

Playabilty: 9.5/10 (It's an action figure. And there is an extra rahi as well. However, I have removed .5 due to the un playable crab. The blaster weighs him over.)

Price-per-part: 9/10 (quite a few small pieces. But still good for a bionicle.)

Overall: 28.3/30 94% A-

Overall, Jaller Mahri is a veru cool set. He has lots of nice new parts, and the crab addition makes this set complete. I feel the only thing really holding him back is the re-use of the inika torso, and the old arms.

I would highly recommend this set to even the mildest bionicle fans.

I hope you enjoyed this review! This will be my last Bionicle review for a while. :classic: If you have any questions, complaints, or pic requests, then post 'em here. :sweet:

Peeron link

S@H link

Edited by 3D Brickthing
Indexed

Great work! I was waiting for this set to go on sales.

But it was gone before it can goes on sale. :cry_sad:

IS a great set.

Edit: Could someone change the Jaller Review to Jaller Mahri in the title? Thanks.

Done!

You should take care that the white background is big enough since I do see parts of the table at the edges of some of the pics. Another small remark is that some of the pics show parts at the edges that were not intended to be on the pics. Besides these remarks this is another fine review.

Done!

You should take care that the white background is big enough since I do see parts of the table at the edges of some of the pics. Another small remark is that some of the pics show parts at the edges that were not intended to be on the pics. Besides these remarks this is another fine review.

Thanks!

And concerning the edges, those won't be a problem in later reiews. I am going to pic up some larger paper sheets hopefully this weekend.