Sign in to follow this  
klokriecher

LEGO Pirates - Skull Island - Set 6279 - Review

6279-1.jpg

This is a very cool set. We get 6 minifigs in total and no stickers which you have to worry about. And you also get some neat play features. The minifigs we get in this set are the pirate captain, 2 soldiers and 3 pirates. This set also includes a monkey and a palm tree. There're also two rafts in this set. We get a red and a brown raft.

The set is very fun to build and very sturdy. On the dock we get a cannon which sviwels full 360° and it does really shoot like a flick-missile if you put in the black cylinder pieces which are supposed to be the cannon balls. We get a keg, a ladder and a barrier on the dock as well. The main building is awesome. The huge skull does open and the rafts can pass the canal. In the inside you can see a treasure chest which has some gold in the inside and the other side has two rifles in there.

The first level of this building has a desk for the pirates which has a bottle, a map and a yellow chalice. There's also a floor which can disappear and underneath that floor are two swords. The balcony on the top has 3 kegs, a huge pirate flag and a crane. I really can't complain about this set.

All in all this set is a great set and I would HIGHLY recommend you to get this. You can find this set on eBay, BrickLink and Amazon for sure. Here is the link where you can check out the full gallery I made for this set on my website: www.klokriecher.de

Videos I made of this set:

Stopmotion

Review

Speed Build

One of my favorite Pirates sets. Got this as a birthday present back in the day and I still have it in very good condition.