Sign in to follow this  
tonych

[MOC] Bugatti EB110 (42083 Chiron alternate)

Hello!

I'm proud to introduce you my new creation - Bugatti EB 110 as an alternate model from 42083 Bugatti Chiron.

I have long wanted to make an EB110 as a B-model for Lego Technic 42083 Bugatti Chiron but a long time I couldn’t figure out how to design the headlights. But at one moment inspiration descended on me and there was no stopping me)) Although the shape of the rear lights was also another challenge. Yes, and door frames too)
But I think I managed to overcome them and turned out to be a great car! In any case, I really like it)
As befits a '90s supercar, it has an H-pattern manual transmission located in the base of the car under the engine. It turned out to be a good 4WD or RWD chassis for supercars of the 90s.

Instruction available on rebrickable.

More photos on bricksafe.

Dimensions:
Length:  69.9 studs / 55.7 cm
Width: 35.0 studs / 28.0 cm
Height: 17.1 studs / 13.7 cm
Weight: 2667 g.

Features:
- V12 engine
- 4WD
- 5+R speeds manual gearbox with H-pattern shifter (dog-leg)
- Working steering wheel with HoG
- Independent front and rear suspension
- Openable hood, trunk and guillotine doors
- Moving rear wing (steering's HoG uses for this function)
- Detailed interior and engine compartment

Also you can use panels with original Chiron's stickers, there is no need to peel off stickers.

800x602.JPG

800x648.jpg

800x346.jpg

800x450.png

800x602.JPG

800x602.JPG

800x602.JPG

640x1138.jpg

640x1138.jpg

800x449.jpg

Nice job! It's cool to see a model of this little-remembered car. Also nice to see a proper manual transmission in it! I like the part usage for the headlights--there's just enough of those in the set! I'm sure the headlights could be improved using extra parts not included in the donor set, but this isn't a bad solution given the available parts!

17 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I like the part usage for the headlights--there's just enough of those in the set! I'm sure the headlights could be improved using extra parts not included in the donor set, but this isn't a bad solution given the available parts!

Pretty creative solution for sure! If you were willing to ditch the b-model you could change them to the trans clear version of the same part and it would instantly look a lot better. While you’re at it change all the dark azure to dark blue (the dual color tone of the Bugatti isn’t doing anyone any favors with b-models) and you’d have a pretty decent looking model. 

9 hours ago, langko said:

Pretty creative solution for sure! If you were willing to ditch the b-model you could change them to the trans clear version of the same part and it would instantly look a lot better. While you’re at it change all the dark azure to dark blue (the dual color tone of the Bugatti isn’t doing anyone any favors with b-models) and you’d have a pretty decent looking model. 

Some photos with transparent headlights (if you want to change)

transparent.jpg

On 4/20/2024 at 6:51 PM, 2GodBDGlory said:

Nice job! It's cool to see a model of this little-remembered car. Also nice to see a proper manual transmission in it! I like the part usage for the headlights--there's just enough of those in the set! I'm sure the headlights could be improved using extra parts not included in the donor set, but this isn't a bad solution given the available parts!

As I see yoyr avatar you are suzuki lover too, especially 1st gen vitara/tracker cabrio)

18 minutes ago, tonych said:

As I see yoyr avatar you are suzuki lover too, especially 1st gen vitara/tracker cabrio)

Yep! My profile pic is a model of a '95 Tracker I built as a tribute to my real-life car!