Sign in to follow this  
BrickMonkeyMOCs

[Studio/PartDesigner] Part positioning on Import from LDraw

To avoid getting NullBrick errors when importing an LDraw file into Studio, I know I can import the missing part using Studio Part Designer into my custom parts. This fixes the issue of the parts not showing up at all on import, but I still have a problem with the new parts in the imported model not being correctly positioned. In the past I've just gone through the file and manually re-positioned the parts, but I'm now having issues with the basic 1x2 Plate (now renumbered as 3023a/b in LDraw) which is far too common in my builds to manually correct individually.

So my question is how do I modify a new imported part in PartDesigner so that it will retain its correct position within a model when importing models from LDraw to Studio? I'd thought that adjusting position values of the part in Part Designer might fix this, but it has no effect on the overall part positioning within a model, on either relative or absolute setting. Am I missing something obvious? How do I fix this problem?

40 minutes ago, supertruper1988 said:

Dont "import" just open the file directly for Ldraw

Thanks for your reply. I just tried this but unfortunately just opening rather than importing the LDraw part file in Part Designer results in the same outcome, as Part Designer still gives a new center point for the part that differs from that of the original LDraw part, resulting in the parts moving out of place on import of models from LDraw into Studio.

I posted the same OP query on the Studio forums and was told that this has been a known issue for a while, and that Part Designer just lacks the functionality for changing the center point for imported or custom parts.