Wurger49

[MOC] B-Wing Mark II Starfighter – Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 Shuttle

Posted (edited)

This is the story of my B-Wing Mark II, a starfighter I built by giving LEGO set 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 Jedi Shuttle a serious makeover. There are those awesome alternate designs that other builders like Zsoltom has made, they inspired me to make another one.

I wanted to use the T-6's cool spinning cockpit piece to build something new, but with no more than three engines due to the piece limitations. That's when I saw YouTuber EC Henry's B-Wing design – super creative, with twin engines and a rear turret that packed a punch.

Here's what makes my Mk II special:

• One pilot, lots of firepower: Just like the original B-Wing, it's a single-seater, but with a remote-controlled turret in the back for double the blasting fun!
  • Wings that transform: The airfoils have an angled edge at the front, and the S-foils can flip out into a big cross for combat mode, then fold back for cruising.
  • Weaponized to the max: This B-Wing is my most heavily armed ship yet, with a whopping eight cannons! Two blasters under the cockpit, two ion cannons on the wingtips, and three more ion cannons plus a blaster cannon on the main airfoil. Talk about packing a punch!

Building it wasn't all smooth sailing. Connecting the big main airfoil to the twin engines was a nightmare – that thing is heavy! I had to take a break and come back to it later. In the end, I totally redesigned bottom of the engine mount to achieve a rock-solid connection. The entire airfoil does not display the undersides of the plates, this is my first-time design something like that.

The S-foils need be to be propped up by fingers to get into the cross, but they clip onto the wing for a secure hold. The round brackets around the cockpit use an illegal technique to make both sides look exactly the same. Did you know the whole ship is symmetrical except for one plate difference in the cockpit connection?

More than 500 pieces are used for this model, but it has a smaller footprint compared to my 400ish pieced Fang-Fighter build from the same 75362 set, I put quite a few pieces on beneath the cockpit to balance out the ship so it can sit on the engines without tipping over.

Instructions are available on Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-176746/Wurger Bricks/b-wing-mk-ii-alternate-build-of-75362-ahsoka-tanos-t-6-shuttle/

LEGO Star Wars B-Wing Mk II - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 Jedi ShuttleLEGO Star Wars B-Wing Mk II - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 Jedi ShuttleLEGO Star Wars B-Wing Mk II - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 Jedi ShuttleLEGO Star Wars B-Wing Mk II - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 Jedi ShuttleLEGO Star Wars B-Wing Mk II - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 Jedi ShuttleLEGO Star Wars B-Wing Mk II - Alternate Build of 75362 Ahsoka Tano's T-6 Jedi Shuttle

Edited by Wurger49

I've got this set in my to-do pile, I'll definitely have to give this a go!

19 hours ago, Rudders said:

I've got this set in my to-do pile, I'll definitely have to give this a go!

hope you enjoy the build!