Sign in to follow this  
AerospaceExplorer2

[MOC] Carreidas 160 private jet from Tintin comics

Posted (edited)

53578513221_a2a39d5e35_w.jpgLego Carreidas 160 Jet by Aero Explorer, on Flickr 53564049078_039f657ec1_w.jpgLego Carreidas 160 Jet by Aero Explorer, on Flickr 53564302030_81ce124091_w.jpgLego Carreidas 160 Jet by Aero Explorer, on Flickr

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share with you some cool Tintin project. Being a fan of Tintin comics and aviation, the Carreidas 160 jet from Tintin comics was my must built in Lego project. I was so delighted with the result that I had to submit it to Lego Ideas :)

Some info about the project:

• The Carreidas 160 appeared in The Adventures of Tintin Flight 714 to Sydney, as a unique private trijet aircraft capable of supersonic flight with sweep wing functionalities.

• The MOC has a swing wing and a small interior with a seat where you can place a minifig. I also added some diorama around the aircraft to recreate the comic feeling. Placing a dust cloud behind the aircraft and attaching the parachute to it I was able to recreate the iconic landing scene. The island diorama with palm trees serves as a great place to display minifigs and also there is a small aircraft stand. 

• All in all, I really put a lot of effort into recreating the functionalities and the comic look, and the result is actually a very nice potential lego set with a lot of possibilities and a great story.

The project is currently on Lego ideas and it is collecting support to potentially become a new Lego set. If you are interested please check it out ;)

Thank you very much!!

Lego Ideas: [Removed Ideas SPAM]

More photos on Flicker: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBgdTa

Edited by JopieK
[Removed Ideas SPAM]

I loved to read the Tintin comics as a kid! Very nice moc of the Carreidas 160. And great presentation too! I also really like the minifigs and side builds. Good luck for your project on IDEAS :thumbup:

16 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I loved to read the Tintin comics as a kid! Very nice moc of the Carreidas 160. And great presentation too! I also really like the minifigs and side builds. Good luck for your project on IDEAS :thumbup:

Thank you, I'm glad you like it ;)