Sign in to follow this  
LordBevis

Advice Needed: Lego Moc Trees

Tried to do a little searching on the forums but looking to see if someone more knowledgeable has some info.  Looking for a resource or group or even thread where Lego MoC Trees are the focus of discussion or albums.  I have tried Flickr with some mediocre success. Pintrest dont even get me started on my dislike for trying to navigate that thing. Looking for inspiration especially with the new tree/plant pieces that have been released since 2022.  We are trying to really decide on a good handful or more or less trees to populate a dense forest countryside ideally.  But for every 36 pages I look at on flickr I may find 12 or so ideas and most of those use the same parts and none of them use any new elements from what I can see.  Ideas completely welcome.

There are so many ways to build trees these days.  Picking a style can be quite tricky.  Which new elements are you speaking of specifically?

Earlier this year, I wanted to do a tree in winter for my Winter Village MOC and couldn't find much that felt right.  So I know exactly what you mean when you say you couldn't find what you're looking for.  Eventually I had to cobble together a bunch of different techniques and invent a few new ones to get something that looked (to me anyway) sufficiently tree-y.

I don't know if it'll help, but here's my take on a slightly more realistic tree build.  It's in winter, but adding leaves and removing the snow should be pretty easy.  It does use some newer parts, though perhaps not the ones you're thinking of.