Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: 77050 Nook's Cranny & Rosie's House

Here is my review on LEGO Animal Crossing 77050 Nook's Cranny & Rosie's House:

THE GOOD:

• Absolutely captures the in game look.
  • All printed, no stickers.
  • Excellen minifigures.
  • The customisation play feature is executed very well.
  • Surprisingly inexpensive in comparison with other themes.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• none

To be honest, I still cannot believe LEGO actually made this happen.  And it's great!  From the build to how it looks to the minifigures,  this set is really good.  Not because I'm a fan or having a 1000+ hours save of New Horizons, but as a LEGO set it is good.  Both the Nook's Cranny and Rosie's house look good and really capture how it looks from the game.  Yes, the back is open but it close to the scale you will see in game.  Given the target audience primarily are kids to play with the sets, it makes sense to maximise the playability.  Even then, there are quite a lot of details and interesting builds through out.  Whether it's exterior or furnitures, they all have its uniqueness.  One thing I'm very surprised is that the interior items are built separately and can be removed with no set layout, this makes it like you playing the game but with LEGO.  The same applies to the outdoor, using a similar structures as the super mario theme, you can literally build your own island.  The whole thing just executed brilliantly.  On top of this, there are no stickers.  So all the in game items like seeds, fish food, DIY card and KK's record are all printed! Then we have the minifigures, very nicely done moulded heads with excellent printed torso.  And I absolutely love Tom Nook which is done so well.  Now get me a variant with his winter attire!  And I'm glad LEGO went with the minifigure route.  With all these great things, you may think it's gonna be pricey like other licensed themes, but this whole wave is surprisingly reasonable priced.  This biggest set from the wave is retailed at $130 NZD here, most shops will sell at 10 to 15% discount which makes it very very reasonable.  Even some city sets are much more expensive than this.  I just cannot find any negatives on this set, must have for fans and totally recommended to anyone who loves LEGO.  If I really be picky, I would say one sack of bells is not enough and it's the only set in this wave have a sack of bells.  Let's hope there are more sets coming this and next year.