Gkaiser100

Hello! My name is Gkaiser100

Hello everybody, nice to meet you!

First off, Lego:

I have been building with Lego since Mom stopped worrying about me choking on them around 2003. My dark age was from 2013-15. Interstellar Starfighter was the only survivor.

In 2017 I bought Ninjago City and my idea to have a large Lego table was revived. I originally trimmed some OSB board and converted a top bunk into a table (roughly 7.5x3.5 baseplates). This has been my main set up for years, but is currently in storage awaiting retrieval in April. That happened last year when I moved to Montana. Since moving, I have built a table from OSB and 2x4s. It is about 7x4.5 baseplates. 

This has changed my trajectory, as now the Lego hobby that dragged me here has intersected with my writing hobby. I accidentally brought a shoebox of Lego stuff, plus a squad of Black Falcons to Montana with me. I've since bought the viking ship and village. One day I was posing out a little scene of the Black Falcons visiting the Vikings when an idea hit me. Now I'm building a kingdom called Norwesia (Northwest - t&h + the suffix ia) across the two Lego tables and a large dresser. That's a little too much for this post, however.

My other interests:

Writing is my biggest hobby aside from Lego, and recently they've begun to merge into each other as they were competing for mental space. My current story idea revolves around the growing civil tension between Duchess Matilda of House McMane and Countess Jean of House Darkfowl in the Kingdom of Norwesia.

My third biggest hobby (in the sense of a chore I enjoy) is auto repair. My Ford is getting older, and keeping it running as my daily is fun when it doesn't disrupt my Lego collecting. 

I do have some Mega Brands from when I was younger. I couldn't afford Lego's large pirate ships, and they didn't license Halo. Aside from the pirate ship which Dad intervened to save, the Halo stuff survived by being in a more remote box to the more well-used Lego. I sometimes get a small set still. 

I grew up loving the Titanic. This expanded into a general love of all things nautical and/or historical. This in turn fed into my favorite themes being Pirates and Castle. 

I also like video games and anime, but they're falling more and more by the wayside as my Lego dream becomes reality.

I work retail and I'm somehow blessed with enough money for my Lego Hobby and saving for the future, which leaves me biased towards more expensive purchases.