sporadic

[MOC] Winter Village Park

(First post.  Be gentle)

Lego has given us many lovely builds of minifigs enjoying outside winter activities, so my Winter Village has always had a large open park area in the center, but it has always bothered me that there's nothing there but a flat plane.  So I've been MOC-ing up some things to put there.  Other than a few smaller builds, I've built two bigger builds in the last month: a small gazebo and a winter tree.  I think they turned out well, so I'm breaking my long term rule and sharing them here.

800x551.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

The tree was especially tricky, but I also think it turned out really well.  There are many great tutorials on how to make green leafy trees, and many for evergreens in winter, but leafy green things that aren't so leafy are a rarity.  I almost gave up until I found this video and adapted his technique for non-green trees.  It's fantasticly sturdy and looks great (IMO, of course).

.  Let me know what you think!

The tree looks good & I really like the gazebo/bandstand, it looks the ideal place for a carol concert! 

Edited by Rudders
typo

Oh that is lovely! Thanks for sharing, a very fine first post!

We didn't run a Winter Village contest this Winter, but maybe I will look into something for the end of this year...

On 2/23/2024 at 4:09 AM, Rudders said:

The tree looks good & I really like the gazebo/bandstand, it looks the ideal place for a carol concert! 

Yep.  I wanted the steps to be wide enough that two minifigs could stand next to each other so you could have choirs, marching bands or the occasional wedding as well.  The latter might want to wait for warmer months though!