Sebbl

[MOC] Add functions to 60431: Space Rover Explorer and Alien Life

60431 alternate build: HARVEX Rover
with Hand of God Steering and rotating Camera Module using only the parts from set 60431

800x600.png

When I saw the parts selection of set 60431: Space Rover Explorer and Alien, I immediately thought of my old Technic sets. The many Technic bricks and plates make it easy to get started with realizing functions and thanks to the six gears in the set, which are only used as spacers, the possibilities are endless!
It's still a space rover, but now it looks completely different! Inspired by combine harvesters, the cockpit windshield is now vertical and the wide front axle makes the rover look cool. I have provided two additional front wheels as an option.

640x480.png640x480.png

Functions

First of all, of course, a Rover needs steering! It wasn't easy, but I managed to create a rear-axle steering system that works very reliably. Despite the steering, the axle is pivoted so that it adapts to the ground.
But that's not all! The camera module rotates continuously while driving, driven by the front axle.

640x480.png640x480.png

You can see it in action here:

If you want to build the rover yourself, you find the instructions over on rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-173073

The next space set I want to rebuild is 60430: Interstellar Spaceship. Let me know what you think of my model and what features you'd like to see int the spaceship!

~Sebbl

IG: @balancedbricks