Sign in to follow this  
Sympatik Brick

A feast in the fortress of the dragon clan

This is my entry for Fantastic Feast (Brickscalibur) and also for The Colossal Castle Contest.

It is an addition to a previous Moc (The Throne Room of the dragon clan fortress) that I didn’t post here yet!

King Dagorn and Queen Alienora host a grand reception at the castle. The chandeliers sparkle, the tables are laid with delicacies and the guests, decked out in their finest finery, converse happily.

Fantastic Feast

Fantastic Feast

Among the guests is Dovahkiin, the kingdom's sorcerer. Accustomed to powerful spells and explosive potions, he can't help diverting his attention from the conversation to use his magic for more gourmet purposes. A flick of his wand and a delicate macaroon lands directly in his hand. Another spell, and a cup miraculously fills up. Dovahkiin savors every moment, amused by his discreet little game.

Fantastic Feast

Not far away, an archer is having dangerous fun with fruit. With a precise shot, he aims at an apple placed on the head of one of the guests. This perilous game attracts the attention of some guests and provokes a few cries of fright.

Fantastic Feast

A juggler, meanwhile, impresses the crowd with his acrobatic skills. Juggling fruit, fish and sausages, he performs extraordinary feats, sending food tumbling through the air with disconcerting precision

Fantastic Feast

Urzul and Durzum, the nomadic orcs, were also invited. They swapped their traditional outfits for evening wear. Although they have made an effort to adapt to the customs of the kingdom, they find it difficult to behave socially in the presence of meat. The sight of steaming roasts and whole hams whets their appetites and they can't help glancing greedily at the tables and aggressively at other diners.

Fantastic Feast

Fantastic Feast

Fantastic Feast

Edited by Sympatik Brick

No replies on this? We have collectively been slacking! 

There are some nice scenes here. I like the shooting practice. The apple construction surprised me; it's really good! Same goes for the jester's juggling, and the stuffed pig. I also like the nomadic orcs, interesting combos.

The decoration above the door is neat and the integration of shields in the wall is cool too! Your architecture could use a little more depth or contrast, imo. For example a SNOT band of dark tan tiles, directly above the dark line that goes across the room. And from a realism perspective, perhaps do a fireplace on one side instead of windows. But keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Lastly, are King Dagorn and Queen Alienora new characters, for Avalonia? I haven't been following GoH too closely past months, hence the question.

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2024 at 11:54 AM, Exetrius said:

No replies on this? We have collectively been slacking! 

There are some nice scenes here. I like the shooting practice. The apple construction surprised me; it's really good! Same goes for the jester's juggling, and the stuffed pig. I also like the nomadic orcs, interesting combos.

The decoration above the door is neat and the integration of shields in the wall is cool too! Your architecture could use a little more depth or contrast, imo. For example a SNOT band of dark tan tiles, directly above the dark line that goes across the room. And from a realism perspective, perhaps do a fireplace on one side instead of windows. But keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Lastly, are King Dagorn and Queen Alienora new characters, for Avalonia? I haven't been following GoH too closely past months, hence the question.

Wow, thanks for such a thorough and thoughtful comment!

I'm thrilled that you picked up on all the little details I included, from the shooting practice to the jester's juggling. The apple was fun and easy to build, and I'm glad you like it! (I don’t like the Lego apple!)

Your suggestions about adding depth and contrast to the architecture are spot on. I will probably make some changes and keep your suggestions in mind for future improvements! (I want to build slowly a full castle)

I created my nomadics orcs, King Dagorn, Queen Alienora and a few other characters specifically for the CMF contest when I first joined the forum

Thanks again for the kind words and constructive feedback. It really motivates me to keep improving my Lego creations!

Edited by Sympatik Brick