Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: 71477 The Sandman's Tower

Here is my review on LEGO DreamZzz 71477 The Sandman's Tower:

THE GOOD:

• Great looking tower with the primary build.
  • Great colour pallet.
  • Surprised with the spinning hourglass action feature.
  • Excellent minifgs.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• Interior is a bit empty overall.
  • It's not easy to deconstruct this set, switching to the alternate build can be a stressful task.

I really like this set in the end.  When this was first revealed, I really like the gear on the exterior and the selection of minifigures.  Once I built it, I really appreciate how it looks and the colour pallet combination.  It's a tall set but not as tall as the fantastical tree house, while the product images may give you a very shallow facade feel but it actually have quite a bit of space inside.  It does feel a little bit empty for the interior as there are only 3 interior decors through out the default build.  Having said that, the exterior is stunning and to my surprised, the action feature of the spinning clock plus the hourglass works so well.  and the hourglass build is absolutely brilliant.  As expected, the minifigures are excellent.  Love sandman and the new villain, Never Witch.  Plus the new body piece for SNEAK is going to be so useful.  As with most dreamzzz sets, you have to deconstruct the primary build to build the alternate build, but this one rather a cosmetic change , you are building something entirely different and they gives you some extra pieces for it.  However, because of the action features, it will be require some effort to deconstruct before you can build the alternate build.  I opted the default one since I think it looks better and didn't bother to even try.  Despite this, the primary build is very nice and at RRP of $170 NZD, it's not a bank breaking set and it does provide the values.  Given I bought this with 25% off, it made this set price significantly more reasonable. It's a set definitely worth recommending to everyone, if you are not sure about DREAMZZZ, this one would be good for you to give it a try.