thomasanderson

Modular 1973 Ford XB Falcon GT 351 Hardtop (Yeah, Mad Max)

This is prerelease version, I'll update this (post hopefully soon) with proper pictures when instructions are ready.

I've started creating this project somewhere in 2022, and finished November last year.

Using modular panels in front, back and sides (and by adding/removing/replacing parts inside such as police light) we can easily switch between different versions of car:

Stock:
320x180.jpg

Mad Max 1:
320x180.jpg

320x180.jpg

Mad Max 2 (which almost is the same version as in Fury Road):
320x180.jpg

320x180.jpg

320x180.jpg

Edited by thomasanderson
Fixed thumbnails

You did a fantastic job with the 'last of V8 Interceptors'!

Isn't it amazing how his car gets wrecked in every film, but then magically appears in the next one? It must be made of LEGO! :laugh:

Edited by Murdoch17

Thank you!

Too serious mode on:
Actually it's destroyed in Mad Max 2 (that's why Max doesn't have it in Mad Max 3) and AFAIK story of gow he got it back is explained in comic book used as intro to Fury Road (I haven't had a chance to read it yet).
Too serious mode off:
Which now in my head exist only as your explanation - it's made of lego :laugh:

Fantastic stuff. Kudos. As a Holden fan though, you should do the HQ Interceptor that Nightrider absconds in at the beginning of the movie.

On 2/1/2024 at 7:08 AM, thomasanderson said:

Thank you!

Too serious mode on:
Actually it's destroyed in Mad Max 2 (that's why Max doesn't have it in Mad Max 3) and AFAIK story of gow he got it back is explained in comic book used as intro to Fury Road (I haven't had a chance to read it yet).
Too serious mode off:
Which now in my head exist only as your explanation - it's made of lego :laugh:

Yeah, the means by which Max gets his interceptor back, along with both Furiosa’s and Immortan Joe’s backstories are included in a four part comic series. I have them or at at least had them in single issue format at one point but I’m not quite sure where they are now that I am reminded of them. I think I may buy the four part collected volume at some point. I love all the Mad Max films, though the second, Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior is my favourite.

Edited by Pirate_King_1982

Thank you!

Yeah from first Mad max 1972 Holden Monaro and 1975 Holden Sandman Panel Van are both in advanced part of build process, yet too early to share pics as I need to fix few issues I have in both of them, hopefully I'll release them soon.

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior is also my favourite part, that's why I'm super proud of pulling off that damaged front version we have for most part of movie (didn't noticed this one in any other SEC but I didn't spend too much time looking for it).

I'm wondering if Max will got his hands on v8 once again in upcoming movie (one after Furiousa prequel).

It’s been a while since I’ve seen the first film, I forgot about the panel van. I look forward to seeing both of those MOCs. Keep up the great work. Kudos.

On 2/7/2024 at 8:31 AM, Pirate_King_1982 said:

I love all the Mad Max films, though the second, Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior is my favourite.

I have good news for you:

I've figured out how to make front of Red XA Bat (1972 Ford Falcon XA Coupe) from Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior and only thing remaining to finish it is rear spoiler and order some red parts.

Edited by thomasanderson
typo