Sign in to follow this  
anothergol

Other LEGIT brands, and customs

Has anyone (in Europe & possibly other places) been confiscated orders from China recently?

I buy a lot of LEGO, and sometimes other brands. We all know that LEGO works along with customs in order to block counterfeit, and that's legitimate since Ali is filled with them. But recently I've been seized (with no way of appeal, because.. it's Cainiao) sets from legit brands, that are 100% original & aren't copies of LEGO sets, that don't contain minifigs, and that have legit licenses.

Won't name the brand because I suppose we can't here, but they have a valid SpongeBob license (which LEGO doesn't even own anymore!) and it's a brick-based character set. There is zero reason for it to be confiscated, but it was, and I strongly suspect that LEGO is behind this in some way, and that since recently "the customs" are just confiscating whatever remotely looks like LEGO. But I've only been confiscated my last 2 orders so I don't know...

Also the other one was a legit brand, an original set, but it was a brick-built vehicle from Dragon Ball for which they don't have a license (they don't mention Dragon Ball), so I thought that it was the reason it was labelled as counterfeit.

Meanwhile Ali keeps selling my MOCs (and I'm not whining about it, all MOCers are in the same boat), but *I* can't even buy legit sets from there anymore.
I don't know who to be pissed at here, LEGO or Cainiao. I'd say Cainiao (which belongs to Ali, that has sold the items in the first place) because I would easily appeal this (like the law normally allows us), only they are just unreachable.