Max_Lego

[WIP] - The new Batman adventures custom minifigures (25 anniversary of broadcasting stop)

25 years ago, January 16 1999, The new Batman adventures stopped broadcasting. I decided to celebrate the date by posting my custom minifigures of some of the series' characters. I created them because there is no way Lego will go beyond BTAS sets. It started with Batgirl, since I believed she deserved a minifigure better than this. The result satisfied me to the point I decided to go further!

Minifigures were customised with stickers and paper. Some of them had their torso printing erased with an eraser.

Gotham knights:

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - Gotham knights

Some Batman rogues (Joker is JL, while Riddler is BTAS; I initially recreated the cursed leotard Ridder for accuracy, yet finally decided it was again my principles):

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - Batman's rogues

Two GCPD cops:

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - GCPD cops

Shocking content in spoiler below - you were warned!

The DCAU'S mos hated couple - Bruce and Babs:

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - the DCAU's most hated couple

More characters are coming soon!

P. S. Sadly, my Batman miniatures game project failed. But minifigures posted in this topic can become a basis for a Lego DCAU boardgame! I hope so...

Edited by Max_Lego

11 hours ago, aFrInaTi0n said:

Nice idea and also they are looking great, thanks for sharing!

Thanks!

New characters here!

From Superman the animated series - Superman and the Flash (Wally West):

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - Superman and the Flash

Nightwing (from Batman and Harley Quinn; sadly, I didn't have a hairpiece for the TNBA version) and Alfred Pennyworth:

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - Nightwing (BaHQ) and Alfred

I hope to make more characters soon!

SHAZAM!

Here come, perhaps, the most obscure DCAU characters - Captain Marvel and his nemesis. 

Captain Marvel appeared in person in an episode of Justice League Unlimited, Teth Adam was mentioned in another episode of the same series. Dr. Thaddeus Sivana was seen in an issue of the "Adventures in the DC universe" comic, although the minifigure is based on his generic appearance rather than his look in the comic.

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - obscure Marvels

Hope you like them!

Returning to Batman the animated series, here are two villains the Lego group won't realise: The Ventriloquist and Scarface. As of the uncanny Condiment King, the existing minifigure needs a little improvement to look more screen-accurate.

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - The Ventriloquist and Condiment King

Here are some new characters:

Rupert Thorne, Rocco and Henshaw (Joker's thugs from BTAS) and Zatanna.

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - More characters

Aside from Renee Montoya, here come two brick-bulit new characters - Clayface and Mr. Freeze (all TNBA versions, but I refused to turn Freeze's eyes red):

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - more characters

Clayface has got spare weapons arms.

Hammer:

Custom Lego DCAU minifigure - Clayface hammer

Axe:

Custom Lego DCAU minifigure - Clayface axe

Gatling gun:

Custom Lego DCAU minifigure - Clayface Gatling gun

I upgraded existing Robin, Barbara Gordon and Superman minifigures with dual-moulded parts for better accuracy. Sadly, Lego didn't realise a Batgirl cowl piece with dark orange hair, so Babs has to wear this ugly plain red hairpiece... :cry_sad:

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - dual-moulded parts improve everything!

New characters here!

Commissioner Jim Gordon, Mad Hatter, Amanda Waller and Kyle Rayner Green Lantern. I also made Hamilton Hill, Mayor of Gotham, but wasn't satisfied with the minifigure.

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - Commissioner Gordon, Mad Hatter, Amanda Waller and Kyle Rayner

Also here is a character not from the DCAU, but still - Vacation Joker from the Killing Joke comic:

Custom Lego DC minifigure - the killing joke vacation Joker

My custom DCAU minifigures are now going to be part of my Lego Batman board game

FINALLY! I dared to paint a Lego part with Mr. Hobby! And now Batgirl's hair colour is almost screen-accurate!

After acquiring a second Batgirl hairpiece, I decided to paint the first with Mr. Hobby paint using an airbrush. After mixing paints I got a colour similar to Lego's dark orange, but a little bit darker. I painted the hair by all modelling rules and am quite satisfied with the result!

(Note: I shortened Barbara's skirt to look more faithful to the original, which may look inappropriate to some people; however, I believe it would be silly to assume that her legs are THAT short, so I think there is nothing obscene here; anyway, I agree that this decision is quite ambiguous).

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - Batgirl with painted hair

Here is a better view on the painted hair. I also corrected Amanda Waller's torso:

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - Corrected Amanda Waller and painted Batgirl Hair

Hope you like it!

Lex Luthor - FINALLY! I initially didn't believe I could do it, but I succeeded. Though it doesn't look like much...

Custom Lego DCAU minifigure - Lex Luthor

These are awesome!! You’ve done an awesome job on the painting for these figures!! Keep up the great stuff!!

4 hours ago, 21gatliffa said:

These are awesome!! You’ve done an awesome job on the painting for these figures!! Keep up the great stuff!!

Thank you so much! But, sadly, I only painted one part - Batgirl's cowl (BTW, I recently repainted it with a colour which matches TLG's dark orange almost perfectly, and it looks fantastic!! Because before I accidentally had some small bits unpainted :cry_sad:). The rest of the minifigures are customised with small cut-out stickers. It's hard, but looks nice and is reversible 

Marvels here, Marvels there...

New characters, who appeared only in one issue of the "Adventures in the DC universe" comic - Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel jr. Although it's not well visible on this photo, Batgirl's hair is painted with exactly the same colour as TLG's dark orange - and it's AWESOME!!!

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - new figures

That's really impressive what you're able to do with just sticker cutouts, I was for sure they were all painted, so you're doing an awesome job!

1 hour ago, 21gatliffa said:

That's really impressive what you're able to do with just sticker cutouts, I was for sure they were all painted, so you're doing an awesome job!

Thanks! 

... And I haven't done Harvey Bullock yet. I just need to get my hands on the new Noir Detective's hat...

Just now, Max_Lego said:

Thanks! 

... And I haven't done Harvey Bullock yet. I just need to get my hands on the new Noir Detective's hat...

I thought the same thing but imo the hat is too small for the fedora style hat he wears, I've stuck with the plain Black fedora on my Bullock Figure

Just now, 21gatliffa said:

I thought the same thing but imo the hat is too small for the fedora style hat he wears, I've stuck with the plain Black fedora on my Bullock Figure

This is also a good decision! Though I used light tan on mine:

Lego DC - Gotham city protectors

... But in TNBA, Bullock wears dark grey, and his fedora is relatively small, so I think the Detective's hat would do the job.

After creating a custom Bane minifigure, I decided to change Montoya's skin tone. This skin tone should have been applied to all male characters, but, sadly, I don't have the possibility to do that.

Mr. Mind was created only to balance the Cpt. Marvel teams. Ironically, the character does exist in the DCAU, being mentioned in Batman Beyond Unlimited #16.

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - Bane, Montoya and Mr. Mind

On of my subscribers from Flickr asked me to make Jason Todd from the "Batman: the adventures continue" comic. Although I am not a fan of DCAU comics and I don't consider any of them canon (in fact, I don't consider ANYTHING canon except for TNBA and STAS), and I HATE the idea of Jason existing in the DCAU, I didn't miss the opportunity to create a Red Hood minifigure.

Tommy Monaghan aka Hitman, a character created by future The Boys author Garth Ennis, is part of the DCAU, being mentioned in the Justice League Unlimited series.

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - Red Hood and Hitman

Edited by Max_Lego

I decided to take a risk and paint Batgirl's head to give it a balaclava impression for better accuracy. I don't know whether it's the best I can achieve in my situation, yet I tried hard.

I also modified the Flash's original head with stickers instead of using the previous Jason Todd head.

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - Balaclava Batgirl and The Flash

I think I will never stop to upgrade poor Batgirl...

I decided to upgrade some of my old villains.

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - upgraded villains

Rupert Thorne got an absolutely new torso with new sticker decor. Looks much better than the previous one, IMHO.

Since I have only one pair of purple hands, and I gave them to Lex Luthor, the Riddler got black hands. I also gave him a head without a mask. Now he looks like a compromise between his looks in BTAS and TNBA - perfect for me!

Mr. Freeze finally got red eyes - I painted them with a gel ink pen, the red can be erased without problem if necessary.

The changes on Two-Face and Darkseid are hardly visible - Harvey's black suit side was upgraded. As of Darkseid - well, he's got a new, form-fitting mouth. :laugh:

"This is as far as you go, murderer."

Finally - I laid my hands on the new noir detective minifigure, and here he is - Detective Harvey Bullock!!!

Custom Lego DCAU minifigure - Detective Harvey Bullock!!!

Sadly, they took noir detective's hat away from me, so Emergency Bullock was made! Aside from the custom paper fedora, like the one used on Scarface, black hair were added around his head.

Custom Lego DCAU minifigures - Emergency Bullock and outdoor Joker

As of Joker, he got outdoor clothing: a hat and a coat. To me, it looks better than the previous version.