Sign in to follow this  
mgman

Alpha Team sets (2001 - 2005)

Anybody into the Alpha Team sets and collect(ed) them over the years? This has been my favorite theme since it came out and I got many of the sets in it from 2002-2006. Later in 2011, I got back to trying to acquire the missing sets from the original and Mission Deep Sea editions. That's when I discovered that there were several accessory lego items associated with the theme: a multi-piece pen, cell phone wrist strap, clock and watch. Within the same year, I managed to get nearly all of those except for the watch. Ended up pursuing the watch for years and years... until new year's day this year, when I unexpectedly found a listing for the watch, brand new. Really happy to finally end that hunt.

People would know about the common vehicles and bases in the Alpha Team series. But how many were aware of these odd-balls, one-offs and other bits belonging to the theme:

In 2003, they released a Dash standalone minifig and it was the only "set" released that year:

3391-1.png

Clock:

lego-4193351-1_large.jpg

Pen:

m898874131_1.jpg?1474122805

Cell phone wrist strap:

mobilestrap03.png

Lastly, the watch:

m15455443293_1.jpg?1625283540

The watch is the most interesting, as there seems to be several different variations of it. I managed to buy the one shown above.

However, it seems to have been sold in different packaging as well:

il_1140xN.4690798758_lysx.jpg

And most weirdly, a mystery I have yet to solve. There appears to be a variant that came packaged with the Charge minifig instead of Dash. Absolutely nothing about that one is known other than this photo:

aFanF.jpg

Edited by mgman