Max_Lego

[MOC] - Redesigned Alex Ross's 2005 Justice Batmobile

My first attempt to recreate the Batmobile from Alex Ross's 2005 Justice comic didn't satisfy me - lots of original's curves and details were omitted, and therefore the finished model looked like something Batman would ride, but not like a Batmobile. Ironically, after the redesign it now looks like a Batmobile, but not like something Batman would ride. Nevertheless, the struggle for accuracy had positive results, and I am quite satisfied with them. For now...

Anyway, here is a drawing of the original:

005a298578aea96fa544b37e42d48a79.jpg

And here is my MOC:

Lego DC MOC - Justice 2005 Batmobile redesigned

Lego DC MOC - Justice 2005 BatmobileLego DC MOC - Justice 2005 BatmobileLego DC MOC - Justice 2005 Batmobile

Sorry for the steering wheel on the right - it was like that in the actual comic. I don't know the reason for this decision.

A bottom view shows the modified mechanism for the steering front wheels:

Lego DC MOC - Justice 2005 Batmobile

And one final view of the Batmobile with open side brakes:

Lego DC MOC - Justice 2005 Batmobile

Hope you enjoyed it.

Edited by Max_Lego

Posted (edited)
On 12/30/2023 at 11:34 PM, Murdoch17 said:

Nice! I love the art deco look of the original, and you faithfully recreated it.  That isn't easy in LEGO!

You are right - it's not easy, and the neverending struggle for accuracy continues!

This time I redesigned the rear of the Batmobile to fit larger, 5-stud wheels, and look more faithful to the original:

Lego DC MOC - upgraded Justice 2005 BatmobileLego DC MOC - upgraded Justice 2005 BatmobileLego DC MOC - upgraded Justice 2005 Batmobile

Lego DC MOC - upgraded Justice 2005 Batmobile

If this is of interest to anyone, here are Alex Ross's original concept arts for this Batmobile (the two upper pictures are the finished version), which give a better understanding of the automobile's proportions:

db4ceff934f943e5fba003dc44095318c2290a96

Edited by Max_Lego

This, probably, will never end... This time the front wheels are placed further to the front - the Batmobile becomes more and more accurate. The steering mechanism had to be redesigned.

Lego DC MOC - redesigned Justice 2005 BatmobileLego DC MOC - redesigned Justice 2005 BatmobileLego DC MOC - redesigned Justice 2005 Batmobile